Since Ben is getting better and better at sitting up on his own, I decided to cut bath time in half and let them bathe together (with Ben using this awesome bath seat handed down from a church friend--Thanks Moons).
They LOVED it!
- June 5th- First time going pee in the little potty chair.
- Went potty in the big and little potty chair off and on for the next month or so, but only when I asked her if she wanted to go. And even then, she wouldn't go every time. She'd either say no or ignore me... She also enjoyed showing off for guests to show them she could "go" on the big potty.
- July 11th- Started a sticker chart. I told her at the end of the sticker chart we would try big girl underwear.
- I continued to read her many potty books and checked out a few potty training videos from the library.
- The sticker chart ended up being WAY too long and she lost interest, big time!
- Sept. 13th- Checked out Potty Power! from the Library. My s-i-l, Laurie, swears by this movie! And sure enough, after watching it daily, by the end of the week, McKenna was asking to wear underwear. I had a lot of errands to run that week so I put it off until Monday when I knew we could be home all day for several days in a row.
- Sept. 19th- Put potty chair in the kitchen, dressed McKenna in a shirt and underwear only, and explained she'd get a jelly bean every time she peed in the potty. I also explained she would still wear a diaper during sleep time. She had one accident the first day, two accidents the second day, and one accident for the next two days. Friday and Saturday she stayed completely dry!! Her nap and night time diapers are even a little dryer than normal. Sunday was a crazy day, so she unfortunately had two accidents that day. But so far this week--zero! I have also moved the potty chair from the kitchen to the bathroom where it belongs. :) Every time she goes in the potty she says, "You're so proud of me!"
- The only major problem so far is the whole going #2 thing. She's only going about every 4 days (in a diaper) where she used to go pretty regularly everyday. I don't know if she's scared to go #2 in the toilet or what? We've tried dumping the diapers in the potty to show here where the poop goes. I've tried letting her take books and toys to the bathroom to keep her entertained while she has to sit for a while. But she still only sits for 1-2 minutes at a time. I know she won't poop in front of me, and when I leave her alone she just gets off the potty because she's bored. We've also offered to buy her "princess stuff" when she does finally go #2 on the potty. (Is that too abstract? Should we buy something first and then let her play with it only when she does the deed?)
Hope this wasn't a TMI post. It's just, this has been my life lately. :)
Oh, and Ben is MOBILE!! He's been army crawling/worming since Sept. 8th! He's pretty fast and just yesterday got on his hands and knees and started rocking. The baby gate is up and ready or not, this new stage in life is here! :)