Ben's 2 Year Stats
Height: 35 in ( 2.4 in increase in 6 months) 60th percentile
Weight: 26.5 lbs ( 1.7 lb increase in 6 months) 30th percentile
Our poor little guy was sick on his actual birthday. He had a runny nose, cough, and fever off and on for 4 days before I finally took him in to the doctors the day after his birthday. The verdict- ear infection. Hooray for antibiotics! Two days later he had perked up enough that we decided we could invite some family over to celebrate (in spite of a huge snow storm going on). Cupcakes, ice cream, and presents--what more could a two-year-old ask for?
And this little boy is learning to smile for the camera!
Too bad he spent most of the song trying to pull down his sleeve. Love his smile when we said his name though.
He's showing Uncle Sammy and Aunt Lara (via face time) how old he is. He learned how to hold up two fingers pretty quickly. I think I only showed him once or twice.
The party guests... minus my mom and brother who came a little bit later for presents.
This was one of his favorite items (a stick horse that makes sounds)- thanks Grandma Kelly! His current favorite movie is Tangled because of the horse, Max. In fact, he calls it the "horsey movie" by signing horse every time he sees the case or wants to watch it.
Since then, McKenna has pretty much taken over the horse and named it Angus from Brave. Someday he'll get it back.
With Dan's parents
These light up bouncy balls were also a huge hit.
We also got him this bike which he's been riding (and by riding I mean, Flintstones style) around the house. The seat also has storage a surprisingly large capacity in which he hides many little objects.
- I'm so thankful he's always been a good eater and sleeper!
- His language has finally started to develop. During the month of December alone, he picked up 8 words. So now, his total is... 8 words. :) Mama, daddy, uh-oh, woah, ow, Nenna (Kenna), me, and diaper. He can also sign 25+ words. At his check up, the doctor said if he has about 20 words in the next two months we shouldn't need to get him evaluated (for speech therapy) again.
Here's a video of his talking. I remembered to have him say all of them except for "Nenna."
*Since I started this post he can also now say "Hi" and "baby."
- He loves to do things McKenna never would have done at this age. Because he sees her doing it, he wants to. For example, he loves to color!
- He's really been into building things. Stacking blocks and putting together lego-duplos.
- He's not too fond of getting his diaper changed or getting dressed lately. It's kind of a wrestling match most days and I'm sweating and angry with him by the time I'm done. But I'm sure glad this is only a phase.
- He loves his daddy and pretty much signs/asks for him all day. However, he's been asking for "mama" more and more at bed time.
- Ben and McKenna have been getting along pretty well since Christmas with all the new toys to play with. He's even figured out the sharing and taking turns thing pretty well.
- They still love to tease each other... Too bad that's NOT a phase. Right?
- He loves music singing songs.
- He's started to be pretty expressive as well and makes the cutest faces.
We just love having this boy in our family SO MUCH!