Sunday, October 7, 2018

July '18- Week 1- Jazz Summer League, Eaglewood, 4th of July, Legos, Adult Dinner, Boating

Sunday Ben gave a talk in primary about families.  We also had some college friends, Scott and Laura McIntyre, over for dinner that night as they were in town from Kansas.  Scott was Dan's roommates while Dan and I were dating.  

Monday McKenna started a two week theater camp at Centerpoint theater with cousin Katie.  We went swimming at the Winegar's in the afternoon.  Then we went to the Jazz Summer League game!  I watched all the rookies play and also saw Donovan Mitchel from afar.  
Dan's dad ended up needing another surgery to remove the stent first put in to bypass the hole in his stomach.  The stent had moved out of place so everything he was ingesting was actually leaking into his body and causing some serious infection!  

Tuesday McKenna had theater camp, I cleaned out pictures in my dropbox to our external hard drive and met with Becky Paulson about YW music.  Everyone took naps in the afternoon so we could stay up late and watch the Eaglewood fireworks from Dan's parents' cul de sac.  After dinner while we waited for it to get dark, we watched the Sandlot and Dan painted the girls' nails.  What a good dad! 
So fun to be with neighbors.  And this year I made a patriotic play list.  :) 
Alice turned 4 months!  Our family was also unfortunately passing around mild cases of pink eye.  I only got med for Alice, everyone else's cleared up on their own.  
Wednesday was the 4th of July! Dan mowed the lawn, I went for a 1 mile run, then we hung out in our hammocks.  I got super ambitious and did STAR hair in Anna and Bethany's hair.  
We headed up to midway for the Nelson family party! 



We celebrated the July birthdays (including our Bethany)!
Thursday was a pretty normal morning, Barbies with Dan included (before he went to work).  Anna had a little blister on her finger from picking up the wrong end of a sparkler and I enjoyed some lovely snuggles from my Alice.  We also got the sad news of my sister's dog dying. :(  
Ben had some awesome Lego creations.  A pinball machine and Lego Art.  
Alice making some adorable coos at Aunt Pickle. 
That evening we went to dinner at Mimi's Cafe, grown ups only, with Dan's mom to give her a little respite from the hospital stay with Dan's dad.  
Friday McKenna had our ward Activity Days day camp at This is the Place.  Ben had a play date at Taggart's.  
Alice's eyes were still quite goopy and irritated..and I found her sleeping on her tummy! 

Saturday we packed up and headed up to Mantua to go boating!  We went with Jake and Ailin's family.  
The kids all wanted to take a dip in the lake.  The water's nice and green. : /
I mostly just enjoyed snuggles with Alice.  I love the shot I got of Dan's legs flying up as they hit a bump on the tube.  
That evening we went to Karly Hardy's reception (Fay Wade's granddaughter). 

No comments: