Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Dec. '22- Week 1- Ben to Evermore Park, Pac-12 game, Festival of Trees, Ward Party, First Pres. Devo, Madrigals at Capitol, YW Party

Dec. 1- Thursday: I took the van in to get the alignment fixed because it was shaking between 45-60mph. I exercised. Alice and I ate then did her music homework. Brynn drove us to pick up the van when it was done. Then I showered and worked on moving pictures to the hard drive. Alice and I ate lunch and I worked on pictures more. I tried to nap. The kids got home except for Ben who went with Caleb’s family to the Evermore Park till 10pm. He said it was pretty cool! I got the girls settled and then I left for Dan’s work Christmas dinner.  We drove the van with some of Dan’s coworkers riding with us.  Dinner was lovely and we talked with Nikki and her husband quite a bit. We got home and had treats with the girls and then I made a grocery order and put them to bed. Dan and I worked on Christmas shopping and talked with Ben when he got home. 

Dec. 2- Friday: I showered and then found out we had a 2 hour delay for school because of snow. Dan and I watched the news. The kids got ready. I took Alice to Kaysen’s house. I subbed in Jr. High art class. Once we all got home, I took Anna and Ben to choir practice and then took Bethany to the store to get a BD gift for a friend. Then Dan and I headed to the temple to Ronel and Jamar’s sealing!  It was so special and their baby was so sweet and also sad not to be with his mom and dad for a time. We got home and McKenna had everyone eating dinner. Then she went out with friends to go ice skating and hang out at Tess’s house. Dan and I and the other kids went to Grandma and Grandpa’s house to watch the PAC-12 championship Ute game, which they won!  The girls were proud of how they cleaned up the bedroom down there. We got everyone in bed by 10:15. Dan and I talked. 

Dec. 3- Saturday: We had a very full day today!  Dan picked up groceries while I fed the kids breakfast. My parents came here and we carpooled to Festival of Trees! It was great to be back in person after the pandemic. We took Bethany to a birthday party at Chuckee Cheese for her friend Molly. We ate lunch at Dickey’s then went home. I picked up Boof and then had singing practice at our house for the ward party. I did the girls’ hair and then Dan and I took the two littlest girls to the Ah Yen party to celebrate Ronel’s sealing! We got there late, and they sent us home with so much food!  I left Dan there and went to our Ward Christmas party. The primary kids sang, McKenna played her flute with Bridget, and I sang with my women’s ensemble. The kids sat with Santa, Alice was even brave enough, and we stayed and cleaned up and chatted with neighbors. We put all the food away and cleaned up a little and finished Enola Holmes.

Dec. 4- Sunday: Dan had meetings and attended 3 wards. I had a presidency meeting during the second hour of church. After the three girls ate lunch, we watched our videos and I napped and then my parents came here for the conference call. We had leftovers for dinner and then left for the First Presidency devotional. I had Prelude choir after that and then Dan and I talked about the Rose Bowl and how long he’d be gone.

Dec. 5th- Monday: I woke up conflicted about Dan and Ben going to the Rose Bowl. Dan told his dad the answer was probably no and we both felt yucky about that. I exercised and showered and went to music with Alice. We ate lunch and Alice had preschool. Dan and I washed his car. I napped and worked on texts and my to do list. I drove carpool and then kept the laundry going. I took McKenna and Meghan to Five Below for them to get Christmas white elephant gifts. McKenna and Ben had Newsies rehearsal and Dan helped the Salsbury family. I folded laundry with the three girls and they each had a little performance for me. :) Unfortunately, Alice threw and epic tantrum about the order of the performances. Dan got home and we got kids to bed. I worked on sending out gift ideas for Dan and myself.  


Dec. 6th- Tuesday: I watched the news after everyone left. Then I made the soup for Dan’s work meeting and we cleaned up the kitchen. Alice did Upstart. I got dressed and listened to Don’t Miss This. I sent out texts and made phone calls and then left for my voice lesson. When I got home, Alice and I ate with Dan and his coworkers. We cleaned up after they left, and then Dan and I napped. Alice watched a lot of shows. The kids got home and Ben had a bad headache. He ate and took meds, then I took him to Backstage. I ran to Walgreens and then back to get Ben. He had a primary activity, which was going to the Planetarium and ice cream. We made grilled cheese for dinner. McKenna stayed home with the two little ones and we took Anna to gymnastics, and then Dan and I went to the Anniversary Inn for their open house and to purchase a gift certificate for my parents. We got home and recorded our part for the Nelson Zoom call. Then we got kids to bed and I hemmed McKenna’s Madrigals dress.  We did a little more Christmas shopping online. 


Dec. 7th- Wednesday: Dan and I showered before the kids got up because he was leaving early to donate and I drove the kids to school. Then, Dan, Alice, and I went to the State Capitol to hear McKenna’s Madrigals choir perform! They sounded so good in there!  Alice and I came home and I tried to nap but ended up spending time on my phone. We had lunch and Alice went to preschool in a new leotard. I worked on recording the melody of the song our family would sing in Sacrament meeting. The kids got home and they went to piano. I blogged and made phone calls.  I picked kids up and then helped with homework. Ben had a cold and we kept him home from Newsies. We ate dinner together and Anna had a primary activity at Mudrow’s. Bethany had hip hop and McKenna and I had our YW’s Christmas party. We painted ornaments and played a relay race game. It snowed a little. When we got home, we helped Ben film more for his book project.



December videos: Part 1-
Alice and mom sort laundry, PAC 12 Championship, Festival of Trees, Ah Yen Sealing party, Ward Christmas Party

December videos: Part 2- 
Ward Christmas Party- Silent Night, Alice said it’s Cinderella’s BD, Bethany putting on a show, McKenna Madrigals choir at Capitol- National Anthem

December videos: Part 3-
The rest of McKenna Madrigal's choir at the Capitol

No comments: