Thursday, April 25, 2024

Feb. '23- Week 2- YW Pamper night, Ben Jazz Game, Ben and McKenna Baptisms, Anna New Glasses, Galentine Parties, Super Bowl, Swa's Birthday Lunch, Valentine's Day, Dan Presented to Wives of Legislators

Feb. 8th- Wednesday: Dan donated plasma and I drove the kids to school. Bethany went to school even with her runny nose. Alice and I went to the gym with Brynn and Charlie. I got some chicken marinating for dinner. After lunch, Alice had preschool. I showered. The kids got home and they did not have piano. I read with Ben and napped. I picked up preschool kids, then started dinner. We all ate a little after 5. Ben went to a Jazz game with his Jr. Jazz team. Bethany had hip hop and Anna went to the Oakridge Assisted Living Center for her primary activity. McKenna and I went to Young Women's which was a pamper night. We did nails, hair, and facials. 

Feb. 9th- Thursday: Dan took McKenna and Ben to the temple to do baptisms. I drove the girls to school. Alice and I ate and got dressed. We took McKenna to school late and then went to SLC for my haircut with Sara Stewart. We came home and did Alice’s music homework and I practiced voice. We had lunch, I worked on a grocery order, and napped a little. I drove carpool, then went back to the school to help at Jungle Book rehearsal. McKenna had piano. Ben went to church basketball.  We had dinner and chilled. The girls painted their nails. Bethany still had a pretty bad runny nose. Once kids were in bed, I worked on the blog. Dan played Pickleball with the Elder’s Quorum.

Feb. 10th- Friday: I drove the kids to school while Dan donated. I exercised.  Alice had preschool, and I went to Ladies Lunch. I came home and listened to my book, put November pictures into collages, and napped a little. Dan had a meeting with one of the Church’s facilities managers to see about remodeling the West Building. The kids got home from school. I took McKenna and Adrie to the store. I prepped veggies for our pizza night with the Moultons, Pugsleys, and Mosses. The kids got to see the puppies and play with friends. The ovens at the Moulton's somehow made my eyes burn most of the time we were there, but we still had lots of fun!  

Feb. 11th- Saturday: We slept in till 8 ish. We ate and then I left to get groceries and everyone else started on vacuuming and cleaning toilets and laundry. Bethany went to Adam’s for a fun girl cousin Galentine’s party. Ben had basketball practice. I worked on organizing the basement toys some. Anna had a little head ache, probably because of her new glasses (which finally arrived!). We had lunch, then I showered and got the chocolate fountain going for McKenna’s friend gathering!  Her friends came at 2. They ate and played some games and had fun.  McKenna said afterwards she felt pretty stressed the whole time worrying if everyone was having fun or not. I prepped veggies and dip and we made mac and cheese. As soon as all of McKenna’s friends left, Dan and I left for a Nelson cousin gathering. We got to see Steven and Angela’s newly remodeled Normandie Circle house.  We had good food and good conversations with about 40 Nelson cousins.  We got home and talked with McKenna and Ben. *I felt pretty congested all day. I must have caught Bethany and Alice’s colds.

Feb. 12th- Sunday: Anna and I woke up not feeling great with colds. I fed the three girls and I fasted. I helped Anna finish her gymnastics power point slides project. I finished getting ready for church. McKenna shared her testimony about Jesus’s miracle of turning water to wine and how He did what His mother asked and how she also went to Him for help. Our three girls participated in Primary opening exercises. Anna prayed, Bethany gave a scripture, and Alice gave a talk about Nicodemus.  The YW lesson was about our need for daily worship. We went with Bethany to her baptism preview after church. I had my conference call and we hosted the Websters for the Super Bowl!  I did some texting to plan for the week and enjoyed talking to family. 

Feb. 13th- Monday: I subbed as a Kindergarten instructor. I got home around 11:20. I listened to my book and began switching laundry and mopping the floors upstairs. Alice went to Costco with Dan, then had preschool. I went to lunch at Laurie’s with all the sisters for Swa’s birthday. I drove carpool, then finished laundry and mopping once we got home. The kids made their Valentine boxes. We had spaghetti for dinner. I had book club at Kylee Behunin’s talking about the Prince Harry book “Spare.” I folded laundry once I got home. 


Feb. 14th- Tuesday: I subbed again in Kindergarten reading and math groups. Alice went to the Hartvigsen’s. We got home and ate lunch. Alice and I played a little and then I made pasta salad for dinner. I napped and then went to Jungle Book rehearsal once McKenna got home. Dan had a presentation with the spouses of the Utah Legislators. Anna had gymnastics and Ben had a Jr. Jazz game. Dan and I went to the DCC for a yummy Valentine’s Day dinner and dancing! We rode up with the Stewarts and Dan’s parents met us there as well. My cold was getting a little better every day. 



February Videos- Part 1:
Jazz game half time, Utes Basketball, Madrigals National Anthem, Utes Gymnastics, McKenna and Alice playing, McKenna Galentine’s party set up, Dan and Laura Skiing, Dan reading Jungle Book.

No comments: