Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Jan. '23- Week 3- Visit Grandma Pat, Newsies, Webster Girls Disney Trip,

Jan. 15th- Sunday: I got up and got ready, then the kids ate and had showers and baths. I went to hear Dan speak in the Bridlewood ward. We attended our own ward. We had lunch and I had my conference call. We went to visit my Grandma Pat! We took dinner there and ate with her, then visited for a bit. My parents came too. We got home and got kids to bed and Dan and I calendared. 

Jan. 16th- Monday: The kids had no school because of MLK Day. I went to work with Swa at Fueled Right cooking food and washing lots of dishes!  Brinley came to hang out with McKenna. Dan took the kids to Costco with Jasper and then to run a few errands. Some cousins came to play!  I got home around 5:30 and helped McKenna with her make-up for Newsies. McKenna and Ben had their last dress rehearsal!  We got the girls to bed. I worked on some Newsies ticketing stuff. 

Jan. 17th- Tuesday: I exercised after the kids left. This time, McKenna went to work with Swa, packaging food for Fueled Right since she had an additional day off school. Alice and I ate and I Marco Poloed and showered. I worked on computer stuff. After lunch, I napped and worked on a grocery order. Alice watched shows and played in my room. I read with Ben once the kids got home. Anna had play practice. Dan picked her up. We ate and then Anna went to gymnastics. We all went to Ben’s basketball game and he scored a free throw!  We practiced our song for stake conference before getting the girls to bed. McKenna talked to me about a little friend drama before she went to bed. Dan and I researched our February trip to southern Utah.


Jan. 18th- Wednesday: I watched the news after everyone left. McKenna had late start and Alice and I went to the gym with Brynn. While getting her lunch ready, Alice climbed on the edge of the fridge and called it "sitting picking." went to preschool and I showered and worked on picking out outfits for my upcoming Disneyland trip. The kids had piano. I started to pack and vacuumed the closet and bathroom. I napped and worked on the blog some. The kids got home and I started dinner and wrote some emails. McKenna and Ben ate and then left for rehearsal. The rest of us ate and Bethany had hip hop. Dan got home and I left for YW. We did some speed interviewing and got to know each other better. Mostly, there was lots of talking, which is what the girls wanted!  I went to watch a preview night for Newsies and then drove carpool kids home. They ate snacks and went to bed and I packed more. 

Jan. 19th- Thursday: I subbed in special ed for the day. Alice went to the Chadwick’s and the Jensen’s to play. The Jensens took her swimming at the rec center after school time, so she was gone from 10-6pm! While at school, I mostly worked with small groups of students, around 2-4 at a time. These were nice kids, but I could definitely tell they had learning disabilities. Some second and third graders still didn’t know how to spell the word “the.” It made we realize how blessed Dan and I are to have kids with very few challenges. Once I got home, I took a little nap then drove carpool. Ben and Anna stayed after school for crochet club and Jungle Book. Bethany had her primary activity, I made dinner, and moved pictures to the external hard drive. McKenna and Ben got ready for call time and had their first performance! Ben's YM group and the Inmans attended. I finished packing and we all ate. After kids were in bed, Dan took all the Webster girls to the airport for our Disneyland trip! We landed about 10:45 CA time. We went straight to our hotel and crashed. I roomed with Lara. 

Jan. 20th- Friday: Poor Lara threw up first thing in the morning. We were all ready and walking to eat a McDonald’s breakfast by 7:40am. We ate on our walk to the park and were ready for the “rope drop.” We first headed to Rise of the Resistance and were in and out in one hour! It was my first time and that ride was amazing!! It was so well done and realistic! We worked our way through the park, ending with Fantasy Land.  Lara threw up one more time during the day around lunch time. We loved all the food we got and shopped a little for souvenirs. We also saw the Lion King show!  The Genie Passes were the only way we could have done everything we wanted to do in one day. We ended the night with the lights show and fireworks on Main Street! It was pretty cold and we all felt a little under dressed. I only had to take one dose of Ibuprofen during the day, so I call that a win! We averaged walking about 9-10 miles!! Back at home, Anna went to Sayge’s BD party and McKenna only had another Newsies performance. Unfortunately, she said the crowd was pretty unenthusiastic.

Jan. 21st- Saturday: We had a little slower start to the morning. We got McDonald’s breakfast again. The first ride we did in the California Adventure park was the Incredicoaster. We rode Guardians 3 times and it did not make me as motion sick as I remember!  The Marvel campus was awesome!  We saw quick Spider Man and Dr. Strange shows. There was also a Lunar New Year Mulan Parade! The Spider Man ride, Webslingers, was shut down most of the day, but we managed to ride it twice right at the end! Unfortunately, that ride made me pretty nauseous. We rode Soarin twice as well. Lara wasn’t feeling well the whole walk home and crashed hard into bed once we got back to the hotel. We averaged walking another 10 miles. Back at home, Ben had basketball practice and hung out at Caleb’s. McKenna and Ben had another Newsies performance which Faye Wade and Janet Thomas went to. McKenna also went to Beauty and the Beast at South Davis. 


January Videos: Part 2-
Ben foul shot!, Webster Girls Disneyland!



No comments: