Thursday, April 25, 2024

March '23- Week 3- Subbing Spirit Week, McK Band Festival, Jungle Book!, Alice Fire Station, Food Drive, Game Closet

Mar. 15th- Wednesday: I watched the news, ate, curled McKenna’s hair, then got ready for the gym.

Alice and I went to the gym with Brynn. We took down birthday decorations when we got home. Then we

had lunch and Alice went to preschool. I had a long phone call, mostly on hold, trying to resolve a medical

bill/insurance issue. I showered. The kids got home and went to piano. I napped and texted some about

youth conference food. I picked up the kids and Anna had Activity Days to deliver bags for the food drive

on Saturday. I picked up McKenna from track practice. I worked on picture collages. We had dinner and

then Beth had hip hop. Anna and Alice were home alone for a bit while McKenna, Ben, and I went to

youth activities. Ben’s group did a french fry taste test. The younger YW class had a sports night where

Emma Mitchell taught us a fun game they played in Chile called “Stop.” I put kids to bed and helped

McKenna study while Ben showered. I blogged a little and Dan got home from a late work meeting with

the board.  



Mar. 16th- Thursday: I subbed in 1st grade in Ms. Voss’s class. It was Decades Day for spirit week. I

dressed in 80s stuff!  Ms. Voss has a hard class! Many of the kids cried for very little or no reason. 

Overall, I was nervous to sub again the next day, but the instructor, Ms. Sammy, was very helpful! I

drove carpool home, then got Anna ready for call time for her first performance of Jungle Book!  Bethany

had activity days and McKenna had piano earlier than normal. McKenna also had a district band festival

that we attended. Ben went to play church ball.  I worked on a grocery order, then took McKenna to

Adrie’s and picked up Ben and Henry from the church.  Dan’s mom stopped by to drop off a little St.

Patrick's Day treat.  

Mar. 17th- Friday: I subbed again in Ms. Voss’s. I felt like the morning went better than the day before,

but then after lunch we had many problems with emotional kids. One boy kept running away, and one

kid was wailing under a table and I had to call the office for back up. Phew!  Dan was able to go on a field

trip with Alice to the fire station! Bethany had a fun day with a Leprechaun visiting her classroom and

making a mess. Once we got home, I got Anna ready for her call time, then I went back to the school

with her. The Orange Cast did so great!  I even cried a little.  We got home and ate some pizza and

popcorn. Dan and the other kids played a game and watched “Encanto” while we were gone. We got

the kids to bed and I was pretty darn tired from subbing. 

Mar. 18th- Saturday: We had our traditional green french toast to mark 3 years since the earthquake! 

Dan went to help a family in the ward move. I helped the youth collect food for the food drive. The three

girls stayed home. Dan picked up groceries. I started making a dessert for Sunday. Desi and Billy came

over to play, then Henry also. I showered. McKenna made picture collages on the computer. We all had

lunch.  I got Anna ready for call time. We left at 2. The Orange cast’s final show went very well!  Our family,

Desi, my parents and Mickelle, all came to the Green cast’s final show in the evening and got to see Anna

as Shanti!  She did so great!  I got flowers and some gift cards for helping out as an assistant

choreographer!  I felt so grateful to have helped so much with the show and to get to know all the kids! 

We took pictures and then left to go to Max Bramall’s wedding reception! We loved how Alice signed his

guest book. The kids all got to bed late and we were all pretty tired!  Dan did dishes while I made another

layer of the dessert.  I went through pictures

and Dan worked on his talk. 

Mar. 19th- Sunday: I got ready earlier than normal to go hear Dan speak in Swa’s ward. I came home and

got the kids ready. Dan gave the closing prayer in our ward. I had a presidency meeting during SS. We

had lunch and I had my conference call.  Dan’s parents stopped by. I made dinner and we watched our

videos. We had dinner and then got ready for a dessert night. We had the Nelsons, Chadwicks, and

Mudrows over. It was way fun to visit and see all their cute babies playing!  We played “Just One” and

everyone left around 7:50. We got kids to bed and I had a brief call with Ginger and emailed Ms. Voss.

Dan and I calendared. 


Mar. 20th- Monday: I subbed in Ms. Higginson’s 3rd Grade class. I was surprised I didn't know any of

them because none of them did Jungle Book. This class was tons better than the Th/F 1st grade class.

I got a love note as well as took a picture of a funny mix up on one of their assingments.

Dan was able to be home with Alice and took her to Olive Garden with Jasper. She also had music and

preschool.  It snowed hard at the end of the day. McKenna has track practice. I napped when I got home.

We had salmon in the air fryer for dinner. We folded laundry. I worked on texting the YC food committee

to hold our first meeting. Dan and Ben watched a show. 

Mar. 21st- Tuesday: Bethany stayed home sick with her cough. I exercised. We ate. Alice did Upstart.

We decorated for Easter. I organized the game closet while Bethany and Alice played.  We had lunch.

Alice painted some. I showered and listened to Don’t Miss This. I wrote some notes down for the youth

conference food committee meeting and napped. The kids got home. I talked with Ben and Anna. I picked

up McKenna from track. I made dinner and listened to my book. Dan worked late.  Anna ate and then I

drove her to gymnastics. The rest of us ate, packed lunches, and collected garbage.  I had a youth

conference food committee meeting and it went very well, mostly because Bart Nelson volunteered to do

a ton of the cooking!  I talked with Dan and did a little more organizing in the game closet.  

Here are the rest of the Jungle Book pictures taken by the semiprofessional parents.  


March Videos Part 4:
McKenna band festival, Anna Jungle Book






No comments: