Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Less than a month and counting!

EIGHT months PG! Wow! Time flies. Yes, the horizontal stripes were probably a bad decision, but here's the latest belly shot. I'm feeling quite big these days and getting pretty uncomfortable. I've had pretty bad indigestion, back aches, more frequent braxton hicks contractions, much stronger baby kicks/pushes (less amniotic fluid), pregnancy nose congestion, and I don't sleep very well at night. I don't have a hard time getting to sleep at first. It's just that after I get up to go potty in the middle of the night I can't get BACK to sleep because my mind is racing about things that I still need to get done. I haven't had any major "nesting" tendencies yet and I think that's part of the problem why I still feel like I have SO much to do.


I guess the most important thing to remember is that whenever she does come into this world, early, on time, or late, she'll be welcomed with loving arms from her mom, dad, grandparents, aunts, uncles, neighbors, friends... We may not have cute curtains hanging or even all the nursery furniture yet, but that won't matter as long as her needs are met and she's LOVED unconditionally. I can't wait!


Things I have LOVED about being pregnant: knowing that my body is being used to fill the measure of its creation, feeling the baby move, all the attention from complete strangers giving me advice and guessing which gender it is by the way I'm carrying, doctors appointments to hear the babies heart beat and see how big I'm measuring, new clothes (in the form of "maternity" of course), counting down weeks/days until she gets here, reading and learning about the miracles of pregnancy and child birth, sharing ALL of these with DAN! :) I'm sure he has a list of things he's loved about the past 8 months... You'll have to ask him about it though.


When I said I was feeling quite big... I guess it could be worse- right?


Dan's way of "nesting" to get ready for this baby has been to do home improvement projects. We previously posted about our new bathroom sink, fixing leaks, and installing new lights. The most recent project was our new counter tops. These aren't the best pictures due to our lack of a REAL camera, but you get the idea. We had professionals make and install the counters. But my hunk of a husband, with all his bulging muscles, unhooked our sink and took out the old counter tops and carried them to the garage ALL BY HIMSELF! :) That little job saved us like $150! I'm so lucky to have him in my life.

Before

During

After


Since we knew we wouldn't be staying in this condo forever, and since the only way to have the counters be a "real estate upgrade" is with granite or quartz, we decided to save a BUNCH of money and go with laminate instead. We are quite pleased with the results!

Stay tuned for pictures of our soon-to-be finished laundry room as well, nursery chair, and baby showers! :)

13 comments:

Kel said...

When I got down to only days, I got super anxious. I just couldn't wait to meet my little darlings. I am sure you know what I mean. Our first didn't get her crib set up until she was over a month old, so don't worry about the nursery. If you need anything, I am just down the street.

Brooke said...

You are still so skinny! I love the before and after pictures for each of the improvements. I hope all goes well in this last month. Keep us posted!

Kristi Veale said...

Ok, well I'm not a stalker or anything. But I found your blog on the internet. So I thought that I would write a comment for you. You and such a cute pregnant lady and one of the best 1st grade teachers I know. Don't go into labor to soon. I need to bring something by or send it to school with Emilie.

joel and laura michelle said...

you look wonderful. and your kitchen is so cute. sorry we are playing phone tag. hopefully we can talk soon. much love :)

Sibber said...

FUN STUFF KIDS! Love ya!

Mindy said...

TOTALLY disgusted by massive-belly-bathing-suit photo! It has to be fake, right? Do you guys have any names your liking? Or one picked out completely? :)

Butler Family said...

You look so goregous and are still so skinny. That is a good thing though. Can't wait to see pictures of her. Have any names picked out yet?

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Holy crap...how was that lady even standing...I can't beLIEVE how fantastic you look! You seriously just have a little basketball underneath your shirt! Your FACE isn't even chubby...no fair.

Hksedwick said...

Hey LT, when's that BAAAAABY due!?!? You look great! Good luck with the pushin and such.

emily mcd said...

Cutest preggers ever! You are such a doll. Best of luck with the last month! Your kitchen looks fabulous by the way. You have done such great things. I'm super impressed and SO wanting to get together with you two sometime!

Anonymous said...

yay baby bump!!

Liz Hymas said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad that bikini belly isn't yours! That was so scary. I am so excited for you. Not much longer to go! I really just wish we could be there to witness this miracle. (Not at the hospital, but you know what I mean, right?!) Good luck, I know you will be the best parents ever!

Dave said...

8 months! Holy cow time flies!

And the counter-tops look great. The comment about Dan's bulging muscles was hilarious (I'm sure Mindy would say the same of mine, with a laugh that is).