Thursday, January 14, 2010

Utah Disaster Kleenup

After our basement disaster (check Dec. 14th post), I have to give mad props to UDK!
They had our basement as good as new in 8 days! Here's some documentation of the reconstruction.

The torn out wall that was most damaged
Torn out stuff

LOTS of new insulation and drywall
Some old mold damage they cleaned up too
Putty drying

Paint drying
Almost there
Carpet being reinstalled!
They also came and cleaned the carpet. And there you have it. All done!
Or is it?? We decided while all of our stuff was displaced, why not add a wall or two and make a third bedroom in the basement?!?! Stay tuned for more pictures of that remodel!

4 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

8 days is pretty amazing! Yay for great people who do great work!

Kellie said...

Looks like they did a great job! I'm anxious to see the third bedroom post!

Alyson said...

That's fantastic. I'm so naive, since this has never happened to me: home insurance covered that? I'm glad it got done so quickly and so well. And I'm all about the basement additions right now. I think you should drive down here and see ours, and sometime we'll drive up there and see yours. :)

James and Kista said...

So glad this was a quick, but thorough fix!