Monday, December 27, 2010

Big News and Christmas Day!

I haven't blogged about our big news because we've been waiting for things to progress. Thanksgiving weekend we got an offer on our condo!! We were originally trying to close (simultaneously on selling our condo and on buying our new house) by Dec. 21st. Unfortunately, everyone working toward approving financing have been taking too many holiday hours (3 people working instead of 10), they're swamped trying to close many other loans that all say urgent, and even once it is approved you still have to wait 24 hours for everything to go through. We found out today (Dec. 30th) that our loan has been APPROVED! But we're still waiting for our buyer's loan to go through. Our loan officer said if it weren't for the holidays, we would have already had approval and possibly closed by now. We WILL close sometime next week. :)

SOOOO, because we thought we might be moving before Christmas, we ONLY put up our 3ft tree with no ornaments this year. Here's McKenna's loot before we opened presents Christmas morning.
This is McKenna's "I seek" smile. She closes her eyes really tight and scrunches her nose. It's super cute!


One of her favorite presents of the day- a teddy bear from Grandma Kelly.

Our 90 year old neighbor gave her this inflatable bouncy horse that she also adores!

My parents and local siblings came to watch Kenna open her gifts and to have our traditional German pancakes and apple cider syrup breakfast.
Later, we opened presents with Dan's family. I didn't take too many pictures there.
Then we visited with my mom's parents. My dad was leaving the next day, so I had to get a few cute pictures of them together. Kenna's trying to hide in the first one.
Here's her "I seek" face again. :)

This picture sums up the day! She's bouncing on her horse, admiring her new stickers, binkie in mouth after a 30 min car ride, holding a new blanket for baby brother from my mom's mom. Good times!
Merry Christmas!

In baby news, I went to the doctor today (Dec. 30th). I'm 80% effaced and only dialated to a 1 and 3/4. No real contractions either. My babies like to cook a little more than 40 weeks I guess. I have an induction date for Friday the 7th, but I sure hope he comes before then. I finally packed a hospital bag last night...just in case. :)

10 comments:

Butler Family said...

Glad you had a great Christmas. You really look wonderful!! I can't wait to see pics of your little boy

Laurie Marsh said...

YEA! Way to go on your sell! That is so great. Christmas looked so fun. Tell your son thanks for waiting for the dr. to come back in town. Love you guys!

Casey Jensen said...

Yay! Buying and selling a home is so stressful. Maybe baby Webster is just waiting for his new "crib". Haha. Bad joke. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the approval. It will be fun to hear about the new adventures you will soon be facing!

John and Jessica said...

Hang in there Laura! Your life is so exciting right now. It'll be nice for you guys to be all settled soon. Best of luck with the arrival of your baby boy!!

Megan My Dear said...

80% effaced is so good! You have to thin out before you can dilate. I hope he cooperates and comes before you have to be induced. Good luck and happy birthing!

Heather said...

Being induced isn't such a bad thing in my mind now :). Can't wait to see him!

Kikal said...

It's so soon! I finally got my bag packed too - but my babies come early...so I've never had one ready, this time I'm prepared (3rd times a charm).

Laura said...

Congrats on the loan going through! What a relief! We're going to be selling our condo sometime in the next few months and I don't look forward to all the hassle of selling it, but I'm sure we'll survive somehow. :)

I love the inflatable horse too. Cute!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Cute "I seek" face :) Super excited to see you soon!!!