Saturday, December 17, 2011

Festival of Trees

The same weekend as the big wind storm, we attended the annual Festival of Trees fundraiser that benefits Primary Children's Hospital.  Here are some of my faves.  

Tires- "Merry Motorcycles"
Four seasons- "Seasons Treetings"
Sports memorabilia
Tinkerbelle
Pixar's Up
Rubber Duckies- "Duck into Christmas"
Girl Scout Cookies- Samoas
Barbies- "Plastic is Fantastic"
"Believe"
Disney
One of Kenna's favorites- Princesses!
One of my favorites.  Christmas sweets-"Goodie Gumdrops"
A "Happy Birthday" tree
Super heros
"Whimsical Wonderland"
Snoopy
Two Tangled Trees
I love the frying pans on the skirt
Holiday Barbies 
The main reason we went this year was to see the tree that Dan's sister's brother-in-law and wife had created for their twin babies; "Our Double Stuffed Miracle."  These babies were born when their mom was just 23 weeks pregnant, fought like crazy to overcome some really significant health obstacles and they are now healthy and strong little babies.  Certainly VERY miraculous! 
Some of the awesome gingerbread houses
Rapunzel's tower
The rivalry
Another Up reference
Angry Birds
While Dan pulled the car up, I tried to take some pictures of the kids.  McKenna has been very into making silly faces and even scowling at the camera.  Oh well.  Cute pictures anyway. :) 


4 comments:

ME Moon said...

Gee whiz, I must've really blinked to miss the Samoa cookies tree and the Angry Birds gingerbread house!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I like the gumdrop one too. something about the white tree and all the colors :)

Kris and Teresa said...

how fun! I've always wanted to go to festival of trees.

katie b. p. said...

Those are awesome! Thanks for posting since I never get to go see them I love the pictures! xoxo