Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sept.- Week 4- Preschool, Baby Hailey Jane

I forgot to post these back in August, but here are the kids "playing" the infamous ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.  Sorry you can't hear very well.  I'll try to translate as best I can.  :) 
..."Ice Bucket challenge from Sis. Webster Mom, and Anna.  By my sister, McKenna, from preschool...something... Go for it!!  Aaahhh"
You should be able to hear hers just fine.  What goofies!
I hosted the co-op preschool this week, teaching the boys about the letter Dd.  We had donuts for snacks.  
They also got to be detectives and follow some doggie footprints.  

Here's a lovely picture of Anna whining at me. :) 
I took Ben in for a regular hair cut and ended up getting Anna's FIRST haircut!  No more baby mullet! 
Dan and I went on a date to see the Utah Chamber Artists sing at the Cathedral of the Madeline in SLC.  Dan has two Aunts, an Uncle, and our neighbor who sing in that choir.  They have such a pure tone! Gorgeous concert!  Maybe I'll try to join them one day.  

And later that night, our newest niece was born to Sam and Lara!  
Hailey Jane Webter!


Cute siblings playing nice together.  I think they were play camping.  
McKenna got her school pictures back.  Such a sweet and natural smile.  
 Saturday was the General Women's Conference for our church and my sister and I attended with the Webster clan.  We had a yummy dinner at the new Corner Cafe in Bountiful beforehand.  It was wonderful and uplifting meeting with many great talks about keeping covenants.  

Monday, Sept. 29th, we left Anna with a babysitter (two families from our ward split up the 6 days we would be gone), and took the two older kids to DISNEYLAND!!  This was mine and the kids's FIRST time!  We've been planning this trip for over a year!  Because of how McKenna's school term ended and parent/teacher conferences were held, she only ended up missing 2 days of school...bonus! I found these cute maps in an old KSL article about how to have happy kids on your drive to the "Happiest Place On Earth."  The kids loved moving the car along the road and I think it kinda helped cut back on the, "Are we there yet?"  
We also brought along coloring/workbooks and play dough from the dollar store.  
We passed this solar "farm" (for lack of a better word) just as we entered into California.
They watched three movies: Bee Movie, Madagascar, and Frozen.  In the same article with the road maps, I also found 4 groups of themed picture cards.  We drew one card from each theme and then made up stories including each of those pictures.  The kids did really well with that and it was funny to hear their imaginations working.  McKenna and Ben definitely got louder and louder as we got closer and closer to our hotel.  We stayed at a Best Western right across the street from the Disneyland park. We made it from our front door in Bountiful to the hotel in 10.5 hours and only had to stop from gas and restrooms three times.  After checking in, we walked to a nearby mall and ate at a Johnny Rockets where the kids got these hats and balloon animals (pretty sure other locations don't do those...another perk to being close to Disneyland).  
We headed back to the hotel to go swimming for a while. Then we gave the kids new t-shirts to wear in the park the next day; Princess for her, superheroes for him.   We packed our lunches and went to bed!

This picture was actually the only picture I took on the drive home, but since it was part of the "road trip" I thought I'd include it here.  I think we wore them out!  
Stay tuned for day 1 at the park! 

5 comments:

Mary said...

Eeeeee, DISNEY! So smart to leave Anna behind, although it must've been a bit hard having just gotten back from Chile. Can't wait to read more about it. Love you!! xo

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Looks like such a fun adventure! And so proud of you for teaching letters and doing preschool!

Becca said...

Cute ice bucket challenge screams!! :) So excited to hear how much they loved Disneyland!!!!! Such fun times, I'm sure.

Hksedwick said...

So excited to read about Disney

Mickellerox said...

My niece and nephew are goofballs :)