Friday, December 12, 2014

Nov. Weeks 3 and 4- Hair Cut, Utah Game, Thanksgiving

Dan totally jinxed me while he has gone on his mancation.  The night before he left, he jokingly said, "Gee, I sure hope none of our kids start throwing up while I'm gone."  Well sure enough, about 10 days after Anna experienced her tummy bug, Ben threw-up late Saturday night 4 times.  Needless to say, he, Anna, and I stayed home from church the next day while McKenna went with Dan's mom.  Dan returned home late Sunday night.

Tuesday, Ben had a Thanksgiving themed preschool day.  

Wednesday, I got my hairs cut! I wanted something fresh so I decided to get some BANGS! 
Silly faces with my silly kids.  
I love that Anna can do fish lips! 
Showing a before and after of my hair and more Ben showing off his turkey.  
Thursday, Dan went to McKenna's school for Dads and Donuts. They got to eat donuts and enjoy some reading together as well!  :)
Every other Thursday I volunteer in McKenna's classroom for half an hour reading with kids.  This week we got to bring home the poster that McKenna helped make for her school birthday spotlight back in October.  We included pictures from every year and she glued pictures of some of her favorite things.  
I hosted preschool on Thursday and we learned about the letter Kk.  Here they are counting kernels. Thursday evening, I also took all three kids to a baby shower for one of Dan's Nelson cousins while Dan was attending to Bishopric duties.  
Friday, we found out after two rounds of evaluations, that Ben does not qualify for speech therapy services at this time.  I originally took him in because he can't say the /k/ or /g/ sounds.  But even with those and other age appropriate sounds missing, we just have to be patient and wait for them to emerge on their own.  And if they don't we can always get him evaluated again in a year.  Dan also hung Christmas lights and helped his older brother, David, move into their new house this day.  Here we are enjoying some Friday afternoon, family snuggles.    Gosh I love that Anna cheese face! 
That night, Dan and I went to see Mocking Jay with Dan's parents and brother Sam and Lara.  I've never read the books, but the movies are pretty great!  
Just documenting Anna's new found love of "reading!"
Buried by my babies and loving it!  
Saturday, I was pretty much the best wife on the world (being a BYU fan) and I attended the last UTAH home football game with Dan and his parents.  They Utes ended up losing, but that wasn't the worst part.  It POURED rain for pretty much all but the first quarter!  


Once Dan's mom was soaked/cold enough, she and I walked on over to good ol' Ugurt to enjoy the rest of the game dry and with some warm hot chocolate.  
Later that evening, Dan and I continued our marathon date day (thanks so much to my sister for babysitting!) and were able to attend a temple session together.  :)  

Monday of Thanksgiving week, McKenna had no school (all week), so we enjoyed our time together.  That night we made cookies and took them as a house warming gift to Dan's older brother.  
Both Monday and Tuesday I did some babysitting for friends and family, and Tuesday McKenna had a make-up Music class.  

Wednesday, we worked on cleaning up our Thanksgiving decor and beginning to set-up Christmas stuff.  We actually ended up having to go buy a new tree that night because our old one was about 6 years old with almost all the pre-lit lights OUT!

Thursday, Thanksgiving day, we finished decorating for Christmas, watched the Macy's parade, and then headed up to the Nelson family Thanksgiving in Midway.  There were 110 people there and could not have fit another person!  




The weather was a little chilly, but still nice enough for a little outside/playhouse play time.

Farmer Ben...isn't he cute?!
Playtime in the playhouse.
After a fabulous time in Midway, we headed up to Mantua!  
Dan hung out with the kids for most of Friday morning so I could get some things done on the computer that I had been putting off for a long time.  He took them on a walk to the general store, and the kids turned on their cuteness and got some free suckers.  
He also took them on a walk up to the cemetery to visit Great Gma and Gpa Webster.  

Later that evening, we met up with Jake, Ailin, and Eli along with Dan's parents to see the Penguins of Madagascar movie.  Very funny! Anna did quite well for her first movie theater experience... as long as she ate popcorn the whole time! 

 Saturday morning, the kids colored with grandma, we had an awesome hot cooked breakfast then we cleaned up and left Mantua.   
That afternoon we joined my extended Thompson family for another Thanksgiving meal!  
Love my Grandparents and my super cooperative son.  ;) 
Just some cute cousin bonding at Sunday dinner.  

4 comments:

Alyson said...

Oh my gosh, I don't know how you fit in all those Thanksgiving activities! You were swamped. The fishy face is cute!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Love the pic of Ben, by himself, with the turkey! And your bangs are super cute! I was thinking that tonight on the conference call.

Hksedwick said...

I CANNOT believe dan cursed you right before leaving. Charlotte got a stomach bug and I decided that the only thing I hate more than cleaning up puke is doing it while pregnant.

Mickellerox said...

Every Anna cheese is priceless, and I also love the dog pile of children :)