Saturday, January 17, 2015

Jan-Week 1- Clara's Blessing, Ben's BD!!

For starters, "Hi, my name is Anna and I'm adorable!"
She loves selfies.  
Little miss chatterbox too. :) 
New Year's Day after we got back from Mantua, we went to see the 3rd Hobbit movie with my parents and siblings.  We saw it in 3D, IMAX & high frame rate!  Pretty awesome!  I only got motion sick once or twice during the really wide angle shots panning the landscape.  I know, I'm such a wuss. ;)   
Friday, Dan and I got to go to a Jazz game with Dan's parents.  They spoiled us with dinner, treats, and some Jazz swag!  Thanks for a great time!!  
Saturday, I got to meet my new primary class I'll teach for the year.  I've got an amazing co-teacher and am lucky enough to teach the kids who will turn 8 and be baptized this year!  

Sunday, was our niece Clara's baby blessing.  
I so dearly love all my Webster sisters-in-law!  
The original Webster clan! 
The Stewart family with sweet baby Clara!  (Love that "Sir Henry" too!)
Wednesday McKenna had crazy hair day at school.  We tried the Cindy-Lou Whoo hair-do with a cup underneath.  She did NOT want me taking a picture of her (too bad!), hence the reason these pictures are blurry. 
 Wednesday was also Ben's 4th Birthday!!  
Ben’s 4-year-old Birthday Interview (Jan. 13, 2015) 
What is you favorite color? Red and green
What is your favorite toy? Remote control Lightning McQueen
What is your favorite fruit? Oranges, apples, bananas
What is your favorite TV Show? Super Why! (We haven’t watched this in a long time)
What is your favorite movie? Rapunzel
What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?  Meat and cheese sandwich
What is your favorite outfit to wear? Spiderman shirt (he also loves to match colors when getting dressed)
What is your favorite game to play? Spot it, Hungry Hippos, Chutes and Ladders
What is your favorite snack? Fruit snacks
What is your favorite animal? Giraffe
What is your favorite song? Star Wars
What is your favorite book? Berenstain Bears
Who is your best friend? Taggart and Henry (preschool friends)
What is your favorite cereal? Fruit Loops
What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play Basketball (I’ve never seen him do this)
What is your favorite thing to drink? Milk and water
What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My puppy (stuffed animal)
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? English muffins and pancakes
What do you want to have for dinner? Pasta Salad
What do you want to be when you grow up?  A Teenager
What is your favorite thing to do with our family? Grocery Shopping (he’s usually the worst behaved one.  So…??)
What’s your favorite thing to do in preschool? Sharing time (you bring stuff from home to show others)
(**I won't have his 4-year check-up until February so I'll have to insert his stats later.)

He wasn't so sure about breaking through the streamers to come out of his room at first.  But once he broke through he woke up a little more and smiled. :)  
He requested pancakes for breakfast and I did my best to be a little creative with the shapes. 
 He opened a few presents and thoroughly enjoyed them throughout the day.  
 The next day, Thursday, we took Ben on a mommy/daddy birthday date.  He fell asleep on the drive there.  Such a sleepy boy!  We went to IHOP since he requested more pancakes.  However, he took one look at the kids menu and then wanted mac and cheese... go figure.  He and Dan played the line/square game while we waited and he drank all his hot chocolate.  Dan's meal included some pancakes that Ben ended up eating one of besides his whole mac and cheese and side of fruit.  He was a hungry boy!  
We headed over to Bountiful Bowl to go bowling, but unfortunately it was League night and all the lanes were full.  That's what we get for not planning/calling ahead.  Ben cried and cried that we had to leave and didn't understand why.  Thankfully, we have another bowling alley in North Salt Lake.  We called ahead and found out it was their league night too but they still had some lanes open.  (We were prepared to drive to Kaysville to go to Boondocks if need be, though that would have made for a very late night.)  Phew!! 

Here's a couple shots of his cute face!  He also wanted to make sure there were "dancing pins" on the screen after we bowled each frame.  
Oh, the anticipation!  
A video of his bowling style!  

I happened to bowl the best game of my life that night!  Dan asked where I'd been our whole marriage? ;)  I totally could have beat Dan if I hadn't wasted my last strike in the last frame!  DANG!!  I only got two gutter balls the entire time.  
My mom babysat the girls that night and had the cupcakes frosted and ready by the time we go home.  He requested chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting.  Easy to please!  
I'm so thankful for this Ben Boy in my life!  I love that he loves to match his clothes very specifically in the morning while getting dressed.  He loves to color and play with Octonauts and Ninja turtles.  He's a good eater, but still our worst sleeper.  He's loved being a Sunbeam so far and I love that I get to be in Jr. Primary to watch him on Sundays.  :)  He's even improving on saying the /k/ and /g/ sounds!  
  
And here's just the girls getting some snuggles!  

3 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Yes, Anna is adorable! And when we watched Benny's bowling style, Kari said "That is what Dylan does!" Running and all :)

Alyson said...

Ben's birthday looks like it was just the best! Everyone is so adorable, and I want Anna to chatter at me all day long. Too bad I trimmed inches off my hair before I saw that cup trick, too, I could have been Cindy-Lou Who rad every single day.

Mickellerox said...

Too many fun things in this to pick a favorite. Love it all!