Monday, March 9, 2015

Feb.- Week 1- Mailbox Update

Sunday, Feb. 1, during Fast and Testimony meeting at church, McKenna turned to me and said, "Should I... you know?"  I asked if she wanted to go up and we talked through what she would say.  She wanted me to whisper in her ear, even though it was "her" words.  She said she was thankful for her family, her scriptures, and that Jesus died for us.  Since I was already up there, I shared my testimony next.  I'm grateful for her example!  
That evening, we watched the Super Bowl at Dan's parent's house.  

I got a free phone upgrade this week and got a blue iPhone 5C.  It's nice to have it work so much faster than my old 4!

The rest of the week was pretty normal in getting ready to host preschool the following week and getting ready for an upcoming trip to Hawaii!  Stay tuned!  

Anna playing dress-up.  
Ben insisted I take a picture of him as a Ninja Turtle, even though I have 20 of these pictures form Halloween. ;)  And this is a drawing he made for dad.  It's a fish!  I love it when their drawings become something other than blobs.  It's fun to see their perception. 
I know Dan and I are like 5 years behind the times, but since Christmas break we started getting into the show Walking Dead.  We have watched almost 4 seasons since January.  We have taken little breaks here and there to catch up on life.  I'd by lying if I said that during those breaks we kind of go through withdrawals.  So we made some Lego guys to help ease our pain.  
I give you Lego Daryl, Rick, Glen, and random Walker.  :)  
We helped clean the church Saturday morning.  Then, our awesome Home Teachers came over to help repair our destroyed mailbox.  They brought a "new to us" mailbox they had laying around and tools to dig out the old one.  Our next door neighbor saw them working on it, and came over with the wood and some other tools we needed.  Between all these awesome men, Dan included, we had a new, sturdy, mailbox in 45 minutes withOUT a single trip to the hardware store!  The "funnest" part for them was breaking up the old concrete slab with a sledge hammer (pictured right after it was done on the bottom left).  
We also had Stake Conference this weekend where I sang in the choir and we enjoyed the uplifting messages about the purposes of family (and Ward) councils and how to improve them, and how to fortify our families in general.  Such great counsel!

3 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Cutest dragon ever. And, I am glad you enjoy Walking Dead. Someone has to watch it with Kelle :)

Mickellerox said...

Couldn't agree more with BOTH of Emmer's comments :D

Becca said...

I love Ben's fish picture!! It is so fun to see how they picture things and color them. :) I don't watch Walking Dead, Tyler does...but cute Legos! :)