Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Sept- Week 3- Bethany 2 Months, Bridal Shower, Aspen Grove

I don't know when this picture was taken, but this is Dan's mom loving her two newest granddaughters.
Tuesday I took Bethany for her 2 month check-up.  
Bethany's 2 Month Stats
Height: 23in (4in increase in 2 months) 60th percentile
Weight: 9lbs 7oz (3lb increase in 2 months) 10th percentile
Head: 50th percentile
  • She has been our baby who sneezes the most.  
  • Had an in-grown fingernail, been fine ever since.
  • Our first baby who doesn't spit up! 
  • Around Aug. 18th I started cluster feeding in the evenings (nurse ever 2 hours) and she started only waking up ONCE at night!  Goes to bed around 10-11pm, wakes up between 3:30-5am to eat, right back to sleep till 7am or 8am!
  • Aug. 26th- moved up to size 1 diapers.
  • Aug. 27th- First smiles!  
  • Good at putting herself to sleep.  
  • Sept. 1st- Slept through the night.
  • Sept. 4th- started sucking on hands a little.
  • Has been to Mantua 2 times.
  • Sept. 10th- Cooing and smiling at ceiling fans.  
  • Sept. 12th- Went to the State Fair.  
This picture was pre-shots. She cried the longest she's ever cried in her life, which still wasn't very long. She was easy to soothe.  I gave her Tylenol two times that day, and once the next day and she never seemed more fussy than normal.  
 But I still gave her lots of extra snuggles!
Wednesday we had lots of rain and we actually had to wear long sleeves and long pants.  I did these cute piggy tails on Anna and I just love her fake little smile.  It's as if her cheeks are too heavy to lift. ;)
McKenna had a neighbor, Gaby, over to play in the afternoon.  
I had a little photo shoot with this one.  
Thursday, Dan took the whole day off since he would be working all day Saturday.  I worked on finishing Bethany's name to display in her room.  I still may add some polka dots to it.  
I took advantage of Dan being home and we ran a bunch of errands together with the younger three kids.  I also went to McKenna's class in the afternoon to help with their Constitution Day. In the evening I attended a Bridal shower for one of Dan's cousins.  Hooray for Blake and Michelle!  

While I was at the shower, Dan took the older kids an RV show at the South Town Expo Center.  He said he only lost Ben once (Ben has been running off lately).  
That night Bethany started a week long stretch of sleeping through the night (10:30pm-7am)!!

Friday, my sister Mickelle came to babysit all day Friday and Saturday so Bethany and I could go to Aspen Grove with Dan for an overnight Foster family camp.  When we first got up there Dan had a meeting and I just hung out in the main lodge and did a few things on my "to-do" list.  I ate lunch with Dan and his co-workers, then took a nap.  SO relaxing to be up there with beautiful scenery and only little Bethany to take care of.  
Some decent Fall colors up on the mountain too. 
I love being surrounded by all the BYU stuff too. :) 
After dinner there was an outdoor movie.  We bundled up as much as we could but it was still pretty chilly.  Since Bethany got hungry in the middle of the movie, I went inside to nurse and got these cute pictures.  

Saturday morning snuggles!
After breakfast Dan had to "work" and help run some games for the foster families.  This was his view from the game field.  
Before his second shift of games after lunch we took a little walk and enjoyed the beauty around us!
We went on a little date to the BYU Creamery at Aspen Grove then headed home around 4pm.
While we were gone, my sister had some help babysitting from my mom.  She brought her craft game! 

We got home at dinner time and got the kids ready for church the next day.  
That night, my sister also got this great video of Bethany cooing and smiling at the ceiling fan.  
Sunday sisters!
Sunday evening we had some of Dan's Canadian friends, the Packs, over for brownies and ice cream. 
 We discovered just how much Bethany really likes soft blankets against her face when she's trying to fall asleep.  Pretty cute!
 Monday was a pretty normal day with these two faces staring at me. :)  

2 comments:

Becca said...

Ah, such cute kids!! And a baby that doesn't spit up!?!? You lucky girl! :) That Bethany is sooo little, I just want to squish her so much.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

He only lost Ben once? I guess that is pretty good odds :) And Bethany has those sweet concerned eyebrows. Lastly, that picture of Bethany with the blanket by her face?!?! Priceless!!!