Friday, October 28, 2016

Sept- Week 3- State Fair, Dan's Bro-cation, Condies, Ensign Peak Hike, Last Soccer Game, Silver Lake

Thursday morning I went for a 2 mile run.  I babysat Clara, then after lunch the kids and I went to City Creek with my mom and dad to run a couple errands.  My favorite Clarke flip flops BROKE! Because they are SO good, I went to their store to see if they had any sort of warranty or guarantee.  They don't really, but the clerk was nice enough to let me basically EXCHANGE them!  I got a brand new pair of Clarkes for only $10!
Anna learned about the letter B at preschool and loved playing on Grandpa's phone.  
That evening we went to the Utah State Fair with my parents and sister.  
We love the pretend farmer display.  
The kids were also spoiled this year and got to ride the ponies! 
We loved seeing the animals, arts and crafts (Ben especially loved the Legos) and of course the butter sculpture.  The highlight of the night was definitely when we got some fried treat samplers.  
Fried oreos, twinkies, and cheesecake.  By FAR, the fried cheesecake was the favorite!
Friday Bethany did some bonding with my mom.  :)
The kids had friends over for play dates, then we took Dan to the airport for a quick weekend get-away "Bro-cation" with his mom and brothers to San Jose and San Francisco.  
 They copied our girl pictures from our last Girls trip.  
 They even made on the TV!  
 Friday evening, the kids and I went to Davey and Mary's to hang out with my Grandma Jeanne.  It was the first time I saw my grandma with a babydoll that she mostly understands is not real, but she still loves holding it and taking care of it.  She had a hard time understanding that Bethany was MY baby and not hers.  

Saturday I went for a 2 mile run, eat breakfast with this kids, shower, then take the girls grocery and BD present shopping for Brinley. 

  That evening my parents got all dolled up for my mom's 40th High School reunion!  They had such a great time they didn't even get home until 11pm! Party Animals! 
 Sunday after church we went and visited with the Condies and had Pizza for dinner!  Then my dad headed back home to FL while my mom would stay for another week.  
Monday I went visiting teaching, did laundry, drove carpools, and in the evening we had a quick FHE about how we need baptism and other ordinances to help us return to Heavenly Father.  That night we told my mom about some exciting news... (More on that later)
 Tuesday Anna had preschool at Holley's house learning about the letter Cc.  I also went walking with my friend Rachael for 2 miles.  
That afternoon, my mom was nice enough to babysit Anna and Bethany for me so I could take Ben on a little hike to Ensign Peak with Meg Miles and her "Momstrong" group.  
It's not a very long hike, but it sure is steep.  As soon as we got to the top, Ben asked where the Utes stadium is.  Such a dedicated fan! Also at the top, Meg Miles gave a quick lesson about healthy eating tips! 
 When we got home, I made Ben take a nap so he would have some energy for his soccer game that evening.  We also squeezed in one last swimming session at the Winegar pool.  
 Go Voltage! 
 We loved being able to play with one of his best buddies, Henry Alexander! 
 A FUN season for sure!  Way to go Ben and Coach Dan!! 
 That night we Facetimed my dad about our big news... (still, coming later)
Wednesday, right after picking up Ben, I drove the kids up to Silver Lake up Big Cottonwood Canyon.  The leaves were gorgeous and we even saw a deer and lots of squirrels and chipmunks.  The visitor's center was pretty cool too. 
 We were supposed to meet Swa and Lara up there as well, but we couldn't make our timing match up.  Oh well, the kids did well and enjoyed the beauty! 
We rushed back to pick up McKenna and then I headed to the dermatologist to have him freeze a little something off my face.  That evening we had a nice dinner at the scout court of honor. 

2 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I am totally trying to remember what the big news is!

K Thompson said...

Those pictures of the guys copying your girls' pose was hysterical!!! They all make such cute ladies!!! Some of them couldn't even bend their legs enough, I'll bet...Funny, funny, funny....