Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Nov- Week 1 and some of Week 2- Mom and Dad Here, Preschool Letter Ii, McK Gma BD Date,

Dan volunteered this week at the school for carline in the mornings.  
Tuesday Dan and I both had dentist appointments and no cavities! I roasted all our pumpkin seeds that day.  That evening I worked on planning the next week's preschool classes.
Bethany loves her "job" of emptying this drawer. Most days I don't actually mind; it keeps her occupied.  
 Wednesday I changed the decorations from Halloween to Thanksgiving.  That evening I painted Anna's nails while Ben was at Music and McKenna was at Activity Days.  Afterwards we went to Young Women's to help the girls practice a song and then we stayed at ate dinner with them.  Yummy "Subway" type sandwiches.  

Thursday I worked more on preschool planning.  I had some good snuggles with McKenna when she got home from school.  That evening we also picked up McKenna's baptism clothes.  

Friday we had Avery Cardall over to play with Anna.  After the kids got home from school, we played at the park on Eaglewood Drive as a family!  So fun!  We had BLTs for dinner then had a family movie night in the basement and watched "Road to El Dorado."  

Saturday I took Anna and Bethany grocery shopping and found these gems on my phone from Anna earlier in the morning.  


Dan stayed home and worked on the yard with the big kids.  We went through McKenna's clothes in the afternoon, then my mom and dad came into town!  We met them at a burger place for dinner then they came to stay at our house! 

Ben and Dan matched!  My best handsome dudes! 
I also substituted in Sunbeams that day.  In the evening my parents babysat while Dan and I attended the YW's Night of Excellence.  They performed the song "Press Forward" I had been helping them practice.  

Monday I helped out with Ben's class for a bit in the morning.  I made a new and delicious chicken curry recipe that evening!  I was having a particularly difficult time with Ben after dinner.  He wasn't listening to anything I said and my dad could tell I was getting quite frustrated.  Somehow, he convinced Ben to sit by him while he read to him "Winnie the Pooh."  Thanks Grandpa!  I worked more on my UEN class that evening.  
Tuesday I hosted preschool and taught the letter Ii.  We sorted insects, made igloos, and even had ice cream for a snack.  
 We also did island hopping.  
In the afternoon Camille came over to play and cousin Ellie came over to nap while Swa helped with their school Book Fair.  That evening we stayed up pretty late watching the  election results.  I also got sick that night and lost my voice. :(  

Wednesday Grandma (my mom) came to Ben's gymnastics to watch him and she got this great shot of him climbing the rope.   That afternoon Rachael Alexander took my older three kids to the park and I finished my UEN class assignments.  Dan had a very late night at a meeting for Bishops that night.  
Thursday I hosted preschool again.  Dan came home early and took Anna on an ice cream date. <3 p="">
For a snack at preschool we had "Fish and Chips" (both with a short i sound).  We played Don't Break the Ice, pretended to ice skate in our socks, and painted with colored ice cubes.  
McKenna also had her BD date with Grandma.  She got some new scriptures, a Lego set, and ate at Great Harvest! 
Friday evening we visited the Condies with my parents and sister.  My sister brought McKenna a baptism gift of clip-on earrings.  She tried them on and was the cutest, giddiest little thing.  I think she liked them.  
I had to document Ben's cuteness.  He made that colorful creation on my mom's iPad then figured out how to "air drop" send it to me.  Also, he made a "to-do" list of things to play in the patio room.  :)  

2 comments:

K Thompson said...

Figuring out an air drop, huh? Should we call him Ben the Brilliant now? It is so much fun being with you guys!!!!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Love cute giddy Kenna and her earrings. Sometimes its nice to feel good about yourself :)