Tuesday, September 19, 2017

July '17- Week 2- 10K, Patriot Camp, Dan's BD Date, Anna's Gma BD Date, Bedroom Before and After Improvement

Saturday was RACE DAY!!  This was my third 10K.  Not my best time, but not my worst either.  I did most of my training with my friend Kylee from the ward.  It was a big help for me to have someone to be accountable too; she pushed me to go faster for sure.  We stuck together until mile 3 at the first water station.  I stopped to walk just for a bit and she kept going!!  I did end up running most of mile 3 and mile 4, but mile 5 was rough.  I probably walked a total of .5 miles total.  I just felt like I was tired of being out of breath and really wanted to breath normal for a bit.  Not sure how to push through that sometimes.  It's such a mind game.  Anyway- overall I was still proud of my time.  I finished in 59:37 minutes!!  Just under an hour, which was my main goal.  I finished 42/53 runners in my age group (30-39).  I felt pretty good knowing I ran it 6 weeks pregnant too, though Kylee didn't know.  (I think Kylee finished in 56 mins.)    
Here's my race analysis from my Map My Run app.  You can see mile 5 and 6 were not great.  

It was so great to have Dan and the kids at the finish line cheering me on!  They're the best cheerleaders!  
After the race we ate breakfast in the park as part of Farmington Festival Days.  I went grocery shopping and then Dan and I took his car in for an oil change.  I felt so fine that I was quite mad at myself for not pushing myself harder and getting a better time.  We did some yard work and a Vivint salesman came by and I listened to his pitch for 45mins, which I was not too happy about.  I, unfortunately am not very good at turning people away till their "done".  After lunch, the kids played at the Alexander's and we finally hung up pictures in our bedroom since we painted back in March.  We gave the kids showers and baths and then picked up Hannah Kossin to babysit.  Dan and I went out that night with his parents for his BD date.  We ate at the Copper Onion downtown and then saw the new Spiderman--It was so good!
That night I felt so grateful for a healthy body that could run the 10 K in the morning and still feel great the rest of the day!  
*Sad story from the morning: Anna woke up at 6am for some reason.  So when I left early for my race, she thought I was just going on a run in the neighborhood and she decided to go outside and wait for me on the front porch.  We're not really sure how long she was out there but Dan woke up a little before 7am and heard faint knocking on the front door.  When he opened it, Anna broke down and cried and cried and was even a little cold.  Poor thing!  She couldn't open the front door by herself. :(

Sunday I wasn't feeling so well due to pregnancy.  The kids watched Beauty and the Beast before church and we made it just in time for the opening song.  Adam substitute taught in Gospel Principles and did great!  After Webster family dinner that night and kids were in bed, Dan and I spent some time in the hammock outside.  

Monday I felt yucky again in the morning.  McKenna and Ben started their week-long Patriot Camp.  I helped with registration the first day handing out t-shirts.  George Washington was their guest speaker that first day and Ben even volunteered to give the very first opening prayer!  
Later that day I did laundry and worked on finding Priesthood holders to come to girls camp with us.  I felt grumpy and irritable and unfortunately so did Ben at lunch time.  Not a good combination.  
After lunch Anna went on her BD date with Grandma!  Before they left Anna's only requests were Elena of Avalor sunglasses, and watermelon bubblegum.  They went shopping at Target and found lots of Elena stuff, but only regular sunglasses, which is just fine!  They had to hit up the dollar store to find watermelon bubble gum.  
They also went to Baskin Robbins for an ice cream treat.  Anna said she just wanted plain vanilla,  but Grandma thankfully talked her into cookies and cream. (You can't go to an ice cream shop and get plain vanilla! ;) ) She was pretty much in heaven with all her fun new stuff!  THANK YOU Grandma! 
That night Dan mowed the lawn and I took the kids to check their class lists at their school and check on the playground remodel.  

Tuesday I had a thyroid appointment and blood work first thing in the morning.  The doctor told me the results of my ultrasound which was that the overall size of the thyroid glad has shrunk in the last yeat, but there were still cysts all over.  Which is fine, they are benign.  The blood work didin't show a need to adjust the dosage of my meds either.  I went visiting teaching to Shelly and then Anna stayed to play with Lizzie for a bit.  I left there starving and shaking (due to pregnancy) so Bethany and I ran to McDonald's (of all places) and I got a smoothie and some chicken nuggets.  I then played outside a bit with Bethany.  And since it was 7/11 day, Brynn took M and B to get free slurpees on the way home from Patriot Camp.  
We picked up Anna from the Jaynes's and then had lunch.  McKenna got to go to the Leonardo museum with the Hilbig's.  Anna and Ben had Taggart Lewis and McKayla Searle over to play in the afternoon. This video is what the kids did after dinner.  :)  I love their little conversation about feeling like their going super fast.  
 Dan had long church appointments that night.  

Wednesday I felt kinda yucky again and laid down for a while.  Later I went to the church to make copies for girls camp certification.  I picked up kids from Patriot Camp, ate a quick lunch, and then went swimming at the Kofoed's with Brynn and her kids.  We babysat the Winegar's that afternoon and I worked on camp stuff.  Everyone napped that afternoon, except Anna.  Dan helped his brother Jake unload some stuff at his new house and after the kids had showers we set up for the weekly outdoor movie.  We watched the BFG and the Gunnersons and Southams came.  

Thursday I ran 2 miles.  After the kids got off to Patriot Camp I had a 2.5 hour meeting with Erica for camp.  Unfortunately, during that meeting Bethany was needy and whined a lot.  Anna had computer time and watched shows.  McKenna and Ben went straight from camp to sewing and cooking with Grandma Sibber.  They made smoothies and sewed little wallets which Grandma so kindly filled with $5! 
While Bethany napped I napped a little and worked more on camp stuff.  McKenna played at the Alexander's and Ben and Anna seemed to fight non-stop in the afternoon. :(  After dinner we packed a little for a family camping trip coming up.  Anna was unfortunately up late as she had just come down with a bad cough.    

Friday we spent the morning getting groceries and getting ready to go camping!  We were a little late for the final Patriot Camp program where they sang all their songs.  
But what we saw, they did a great job! 
They always love shooting off their paper rockets as well!  
This was all I got on video.  I'm so proud of them and all they learned!  McKenna even received the memorization award again this year!  
Because we just hung pictures in our bedroom, I'm finally posting the before and after pictures of our little bedroom improvement we did back in March.  We framed the windows, textured the walls, got new doors, new bathroom towel fixtures, new outlets, sanded and painted our closet door, and then painted the walls grey.  We love it and can't believe it took this long to do!
Before
After 
Before and After side by side

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Your room looks so fresh and so clean! :) You could paint the bathroom vanity white too, if you wanted to :)