Monday, June 16, 2008

Another day late

Fathers are so special! That's what our ward primary sang on Sunday and it's so true! I know I'm a day late (again) and I also realize my dad and Dan's dad probably rarely (if ever) read our blog, BUT I still wanted to pay tribute to these wonderful men who raised us!
The primary song says, "Father's are so special, with a very special love. They watch us and protect us. They guide us and direct us back to our home above." Our fathers have always set an amazing example for us. They have taught us so many gospel principles by the way they live. They are so smart financially and have passed some of that knowledge on to us (at least as much as we can understand). :) Growing up I would never want to do anything to disappoint him or let him down. My respect and love for these men is incomparable.
I'm also so thankful for my husband (future father!). I know he will follow in his father's footsteps as I have already seen in many ways. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
Me and my daddy Mike
Dan's dad Dave (with Dan's mom). He had to be a cardboard stand-in at our wedding because he was serving as mission president in Brasil at the time.
Our WONDERFUL parents!!

2 comments:

Sibber said...

You guys make US look good! You are so sweet and kind! We love you dearly!

Mindy said...

The public demands that you two update your blog! You have one week to comply or suffer the consequences (think KICK LIST). :)