Sunday, June 8, 2008

Flowers, Reunions, and Chalk Art

Wow- I don't think any blog post will ever be able to top the last one as far as comments go. Thank you for all the congratulations and well wishes! We're super excited about our little girl!

I know I'm a little slow on this, but Spring has officially Sprung in our front yard. Last Spring/Summer before Dan's parent's returned from their mission, since Dan and I were "house sitting," we would spend hours and hours tending their yard. Maybe I'm just too thorough, but it would also take hours due to the size of the yard and the few number of hands Dan and I had. However, I actually enjoyed the work and more importantly I LOVED the results. No weeds and pretty flowers.

Now that Dan and I have a place of our own, we have the same opportunity to tend our yard. A few weeks ago we weeded our front "yard" (walkway), and then bought some flowers to plant. It took FAR less time than any of our yard work stints last summer and I'm still just as in love with results as ever! Check it out!

I don't remember the names of the yellow ones, but check out those purple daisies!
This is just a little bush thing. We needed something that looked nice and would take up space.
These are flowers that can grow in low sunlight. Nice huh?

I also had the opportunity this week meet up with some dear old roommates of mine! These girls are da bomb!! We are all married now, two are expecting babies, and each one of them are such good examples to me in many different ways! Because we all are spreading out more and more across the country, we only see each other about twice a year. Thank you girls for a wonderful evening of reminiscing!

In other news, Dan has been doing an internship with the Utah Foster Care Foundation this summer and has been very busy with it. This coming weekend is their 5th annual sidewalk Chalk Art Festival where 40-50 artists come to The Gateway in downtown SLC to help raise awareness about the need for foster parents. It is a great event, and the artwork done by these artists is amazing (there are some pictures of last years' event on the website)! If you've got some time, come down to the Gateway anytime on the 13th or 14th and check out the Festival. There's even a fun section for the kiddies to make their own sidewalk chalk art! Hope you can make it!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Who all is expecting? How fun! I miss all your roommates too. . .you guys were so fun to hang out with!

Brynn said...

What a lovely garden! I'm excited for the chalk art weekend... good luck danny boy! You ROCK... as does your lovely wifey! :) haigh! This is actually sibber :)

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks GREAT!!! kids are the best huh??

Alyson said...

Aw, your front "yard" is so cute! I'm glad you get some joy from gardening. ;)

And though I didn't say it on the appropriate post, I am so thrilled for you guys about your impending baby girl, and sorry I missed the shower. Your belly is so cute!