Sunday, May 25, 2008

Gender time!!

Friday, May 23 was a WONDERFUL day!! My birthday began with many birthday wishes from my students. A few gave me gifts such as, bubble bath and lotion, cute cards, and a tile with an inspirational thought. Once I opened those few gifts, and the kids saw how happy I was at their thoughtfulness, many students proceeded to look through their desks and find their BEST pens and pencils to give to me as well. I guess they didn't want to miss out on making their teacher happy too. Such cute and considerate 6 and 7 year olds.

After a normal day of learning, I decided it would be fun to let my students take a stab at guessing the gender of the baby--following these conditions: they couldn't be upset if they got it wrong, they couldn't brag if they got it right, and the boys couldn't just choose boy and the girls couldn't just choose girl. I also prepared them for the fact that the baby may have the legs crossed or be too wiggly to find out. Anyway- here are the results of their guesses!
They guessed BOY... But was it correct?
Well, here are the real results!!

(If you don't want to see little baby "parts" skip ahead to the text. :))

:) IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

Isn't she precious??

Immediately after the appointment- we went to Babies 'R Us to register. This is what Dan's most excited about. ;)

p.s.- Baby stuff is EXPENSIVE!


For the rest of my birthday celebration, Dan took me to Macaroni Grill for dinner and then to see the movie Emma Smith--My Story. It was a beautiful movie! And I don't mean to brag or anything, but the lady who plays Emma Hales Smith (Katherine Nelson Thompson) is my cousin-in-law. She's pretty much awesome!

Such a HAPPY Birthday!! So the next item of business will be to start looking up names! So far, it hasn't gone well. Wish us luck. :)

25 comments:

kto1s said...

Happy birthday and Happy Baby Girl!!!! Hooray! Is that the cutest little profile or what!

Megan said...

CONGRATULATIONS guys! That is so exciting! Happy Birthday Laura! Ry's birthday was the same day. We went to IKEA and he got a gift card because their birthday is the same day! So we got a mini palm tree and named him Drumstick.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS Laura and Dan!! That is really exciting!!! It seems like you guys are way excited. And I cans ee why. Babies are so much fun. Yeah it may cost alot but it is so wroth it!!I am really happy for you guys!! You will both be Excellent parents!!Happy Late Birthday too. I know you had a great day so I can't say I hope you did!! You look very Beautiful by the way. Congrats again!!

Becca said...

A baby girl!?!? YEA!! Someone Spencer can grow up and get married too!! :) haha. just kidding. I'm so happy for you guys, and so excited to see that little baby bump. What's with the Thompson side having just girls??? Still...how fun! Love you all!

Sibber said...

HOORAY FOR BABY GIRLS! I was one, once :) Love ya!

Hksedwick said...

That was a great baby parts shot! Congrats on the girl. I LOVE the tax deduction bib. That is so funny. I will save you the trouble of looking for a name, just name her Heather. Also, Trevor feels that his name is appropriate for both boys or girls.

C C & R said...

Happy Birthday Laura! And congratulations on the baby girl! I'm sure she will be just beautiful!

Jones said...

congrats!! We find out the gender on June 2nd...so be sure to check out our news. Maybe your little one will have a playmate.
Salters

Heather said...

Andy and I want to send our congrats! It's just exciting to finally find out what that little kicker inside you is :).

Mary said...

You know, there are a lot of variations of Mary... Maria... Marie... Maryann... Mariah... Mary Ellen... the possibilities are endless.

I'm sure you've already gotten this enough from everyone else ::cough::heather::coughcough::

Melissa and Nate said...

A girl!!! Woo hoo! Yeah for girls! Congratulations you guys! Deciding on a name is the hardest. Check out the social security website: http://www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/pr/baby-names2007-pr.htm
It's all the most used names for 2007...kind of interesting!

Tiff Rudd said...

Happy Birthday and Congrats on a baby girl!! That is so exciting! How fun to let your class guess the gender. Maybe they can just chose the name too! :) I was teaching 3rd grade when I had Cameron and I gave them 3 name choices and had them write persuasive essays about the one they liked the best. Make sure you keep the chart for your little girls baby book! I still have the essays and the parenting advice my students gave me! Fun stuff!

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Oh YEAH! I KNEW IT!! OH, that is the best thing there ever was! Now it is REAL! You are having a BABY! Happy Birthday too- I guess! :)

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

P.S. Baby Mindy is GORGEOUS in her profile shot! (I think Mindy is fitting! Don't you?)

joel and laura michelle said...

exciting!!!! congrats congrats :) sharing any names yet?!?!

Katrina said...

Congrats!!! That is so fun! Knowing the gender makes it all seem so much more real. And then once you have a name, I think it's even more real. At least with us, he became more of a real person.

and Happy Birthday!

Mindy said...

A girl! You can name her Mindy Marie! It's a fantastic name! :) HOW EXCITING! :)

BreAnne said...

Congratulations that is great. I wish you luck picking a name. That was the hardest part for us! Good Luck!

Brynn said...

Can I get a WOOT WOOT of excitement here for a little webster girl!? WOOT WOOT. Also, Brynn, is a unique and cool name, and since you asked, I would be honored to share my name. :) HAIGH.

Brynn said...

And mom is tricking you...she always said "when she was a little boy". She was never a little girl. We're not sure how that all adds up though...

katie b. p. said...

sweetie pie! Little Laurwa, so cute!! I am so glad you are having a little girl, not that I don't like boys, but oh a little girl! Hoorah!

Max Fam said...

Congrats on the girl!!! So exciting!

Happy birthday too!

Butler Family said...

hey I am going private with my blog due to having one of my friends blog get a creepy comment so please email me your email address so I can add you. Thanks alot. or just comment on my page

cat.janer said...

Congrats-she's got your eyes, LT! And that's Dan's nose for sure. I'm so happy for you kids. LT, I hope your birthday was the best day ever. The end.

Butler Family said...

whats your email address??? email it to me at TimmysQueen@hotmail.com we are going private and want you to join:)