Friday, August 15, 2008

Pregnancy, imProvements, Progeny, & Park City

So, when Dan and I created this blog, I had hopes that we could think of SOMETHING, at least a little bit interesting, once a week, to post about. And I guess we haven't been that successful. So here's another random update after a while of not updating.

I'm seven months pregnant!! AHH! As we've been watching the Olympics, we've seen a commercial saying that having a baby changes you live forever...wow. Who knew? Nevertheless, I can't believe we're going to have our lives changed FOREVER so SOON!


The reality of how much stuff we still have to buy is ALSO setting in... I LOVE feeling this little girl kick and have the hic-ups. She can kick pretty HARD! But it helps me know she's strong and healthy! Lately, I have had the strongest urges to hold and snuggle her and to even change her diaper! Sometimes I just can't wait for her to get here and bless our lives! But I guess she does need to cook a little longer.


We've also been doing some home improvement things to get ready for this baby. Our upstairs shower sprung a leak shortly after we moved in but long enough after we closed that is would definitely be considered "our" problem. It was never a real priority to us to fix since October. However, Dan's sister-in-law's brother-in-law, Steve, is QUITE handy around the house and recently offered to come take a look at it. We had to cut a hole in the ceiling in our kitchen to fix it and this is the patch job which will soon be painted and will look good as new. Steve even re-textured the ceiling for us after he patched it up. The shower seems to work just fine now!


We also finally replaced our bathroom sink which was cracked. It was still functional, just not pretty looking.

Out with the old!

In with the new

Steve, and that's Dan under the sink.
TA DA!!

We upgraded our bathroom light fixture too. There wasn't anything really wrong with the old one. We just wanted an upgrade.

Old

New

And finally- for some reason, the light switch to our laundry room was outside of the laundry room. So we asked Steve if he thought we could rewire it somehow and then put in a new light fixture in the little hallway just outside the laundry room. There was previously nothing there and it was pretty dark. So here's the NEW light fixture and well-lit hallway! :) And the lightswitch to the laundry room is now inside the room.


Our next project while we are while we are both working will be new kitchen counter tops! Here goes nothing.

We have also recently had a wonderful Webster family reunion with Dan's brother Sam coming home from his mission in the Sao Paulo South Mission! This is the whole Webster clan together for the first time 100% in FOUR years!! :)

As part of celebrating Sam coming home, the family went to Park City for a few days!
The last night there we went out to eat at Baja Cantina. The rest of the family is at the other end of the table.

Even though I'm very pregnant at this point, I still rode on all the cool rides up there. The Alpine Coaster, Zip Line, and Alpine slide. Don't worry- I had doctors permission. Here we are waiting for the coaster.

Here's me and my nephew Andrew on the Merry-go-round. :) Thanks Sibber (Dan's mom) for providing the pictures!


In other news, my new first graders and still SUPER cute and mostly well-behaved! I'm going to miss them while I'm on maternity leave. Dan is enjoying his new job and the fun perks that go along with it. He's now in the full swing of things, and will soon be applying for the Master's of Social Work Program at the U for Fall 09. Wish him luck!

10 comments:

Sibber said...

awesome home improvements! Way to go guys! Love you!

Butler Family said...

Wow seems like you guys have been super busy with all the renovations but it looks like it paid off it looks great!! I can't blieve you are 7 monhts already and still you look so beautiful!!!

Mindy said...

By updating your blog, you saved yourselves a trip to my Needs to be Kicked List! :) Do you have any names picked out for your little girl? :)

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

FINALLY you post! I have been waiting and waiting....sheesh! You have the CUTEST belly eVER! I can't wait to see that little munchkin! She is going to be a knock-out!

Vanessa McMillan said...

Well, I certainly can agree with you on how hard babies can kick and that the last few months seem to last forever. I am ready for our little guy to come whenever he is ready and I still have a month left. We have two neighbors that just had little boys and we can hear them cry during the day and at night. I melt everytime I hear them crying, hopefully soon it will be my baby not others. I hope the last trimester treats you well. Keep me updated!

heather and ronnie said...

congrats on 7 months! looks like things are going well with the Websters!!

Brynn said...

Busy busy busy! I cant' believe it says you only have 54 days left! For the love! I CAN HARDLY WAIT! And...I miss hanging out all day long with you guys. Will you both quit your jobs and move in with mom and dad? Thanks.

Brooke said...

I love random updates! Looks like you guys are doing well. =) It's fun to see everything!

Alyson said...

You've tempted me to go get a job so we can start on our long list of home improvements. Looks fabulous!

hillary and britton said...

yeah! Laura I'm so excited for ou and Dan...you're going to love having a little girl! That's awesome about the renovations