Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Goodbye July

Dan is officially DONE with his internship and has started his full time job as a recruiter for the Utah Foster Care Foundation! He even has his own OFFICE!
View from the door
Desk
Looking at the door
View 2 from the door
Dan has plans to hang some pictures, his diploma, get a plant, and maybe even display a picture of me! :) He is still one of very few males in his acency and is greatly appreciated by the other men in the office. I look forward to getting to know these new coworkers!
I also survived my first week (an a half) with my new class of first graders. I never posted about this, but after being asked to move up and teach second grade, they realized the class sizes would have been too big in first grade so they moved me back down. I was thrilled not to have to create a whole new curriculum! The only down side is they had to pull kids from other classes to form my new first grade class. Therefore, I only have 17 students right now. I'm basically in heaven with a class that small. I hope it lasts- but of course I also realize having a class that small means I get all the new move-ins. Anyway- They are a sweet bunch of kids!!
Funny story- I have a student that starts every sentence with the word "even." For example, "Even I gots a dog." "Even I got stung by a bee one time." "Even my grandma broke her leg." It's good times listening to this kid. :)
Here's a SWEET teacher jacket my mom made for me! She's SO crafty!! Notice all the cute patches and buttons! (You don't need to notice the preggo belly though.)

And here's just a cute picture of me and Dan with my sister's little girls Kari and Kaitlyn. I love them and miss them now that they are back home in Alabama.
Anyway- Have a Happy August everyone!

5 comments:

joel and laura michelle said...

congrats on starting full time job dan! how exciting :) lar - you're belly could not be any cuter. i jsut love it. hope you are feeling well. good luck with your new students & school year :)

Sibber said...

HOORAY DANNY BOY! Way to be a full time working man! That is great stuff! You should go celebrate and see Batman or something.. haigh! Seriously... we are so proud of you AND Laura! Your baby is very lucky to have two incredible parents such as yourselves! Way to go! We love you! ps.. 8 days till the larf jr. return!! YIPPEE!

Butler Family said...

Looks liek everythign is just working out for you guys and falling right into place and I couldn't be happier for you. Twll your husband congrats on his new office. He definently needs a picture of his beautiful wife in there. lol You are looking so cute with that belly:)

Alyson said...

Sigh, the new school year. And here I was, being melancholy that I only have a month left of summer vacation!

Congrats to Dan on the office and the Real Job. :) Hope all goes well!

Mindy said...

Come on now ... July 29th? Update the blog ... or suffer the consequences!!!!! :)