Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More about Life Lately

After my school year ended and we had a wonderful reunion with my Virginia friends, it was time to celebrate Dan's 26th Birthday!! His whole family (minus the grandkids) went out for dinner at a restaurant called Epic Casual Dining. It was way yummy and I would highly recommend it. We went back to the parents house for cake and ice cream and presents. Dan got some sweet new clothes that will help him look very professional and stylish for his new job. On the actual day of Dan's b-day (30th) we went out again with his family for some delicious Cold Stone ice cream! My present to him followed. Dan has told me for a long time now that any toy I think a 9 or 10 year old boy would like, he would like too! So I got him a remote control helicopter! I love you honey and I'm so glad you were born so I could marry you!! xoxox


In other exciting news- my family was in town visiting from Alabama and California from June 20th-July 9th! It was awesome! My sister and her hubby live in AL and he is currently finishing architecture school (Auburn University) via an internship in Europe. Since my sister didn't want to be in AL by herself for 9 weeks, she decided to come out to CA to stay with my parents. Also, my brother who was living in CA, has come back out to BYU for school and so the WHOLE family got to come together here in UTAH! (Minus my brother-in-law in Europe, of course. We sure missed him!) While they were here dropping my brother off, they also threw me my first baby shower (as stated in previous post). Also while they were here, my sister decided to go visit her hubby in Europe, on a cruise!! So that left my mom and I with her two daughters (Kari-3 1/2, Kaitlyn 1) for a week (My dad went back to CA for a few days to work). It's a good thing I'm done with school right. :) While we were babysitting, here are some of the fun activities we did.
Swimming! (Reed, Emma, and Kari) Reed and Emma are a niece and nephew from Dan's side of the family.
Fun at the park with Kari Clark Planetarium at the Gateway (Kaitlyn and Kari)
The fountains at the Gateway (cute Kari)- notice my baby bump is growing. Kaitlyn wasn't too keen on the water. p.s- These pictures really don't do any sort of justice in showing how cute these two girls really are! I got pretty attached the week my mom and I babysat them and I was pretty depressed the day they left. Stupid hormones!
Everyone at the park in a nice dogpile! Kaitlyn's on top, then Kari, my bro Jonathan, Dan to the side, and the three sisters on the bottom! Mom and dad didn't want to join in. I wonder why? Thanks to my mom for taking most of these pictures.

We also celebreated the 4th of July with Dan's side of the family up in Midway. They had the traditional Bike Parade.
Fun Games! Dan's showing us his sweet hula-hoop skills.
And here are the three pregnant girls on Dan's side of the family! We're all about 2 months apart.

And here's my latest belly shot. I'm officially six months preggo! Yeah for the last trimester!


Also in other news- I've been working on getting my classroom ready for the upcoming school year. Gotta love year-round! I start next week with my new class. Wish me luck! Dan is almost done with his internship hours at Utah Foster Care Foundation and then he can become a real employee with a salary and benefits!! Woo-hoo! Go Danny Boy!

p.s.- Congrats to Dan's sister Brynn (and Brian) for giving birth to a new beautiful baby girl TODAY!! Stay tuned for more pictures of that!

3 comments:

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Seriously, look how cute your little belly is! Little is what I mean too! You are SO cute! I can't wait to see that little baby girl!

Shannon said...

Congrats! This is Shannon from our cohort. I just found your blog through Crystal's and I have to say you are one cute pregnant gal! Congrats girl!!
BTW my blog is www.robbyandshannon.typepad.com

Brandon and Erica said...

hey fellow EFY friends! :-)
I found your blog from the glorious, Mindy Thornley!

You look great, Laura! Congratulations on the soon-to-be newest member of your family!