- Loves to touch the books I read to her. Even if it is to try to eat them, this makes mommy SO happy! As a teacher, I can't wait for her to show even MORE interest in books!
- I put her to bed wide awake and she can put herself to sleep with relatively little fussing!
- Speaking of sleep- she usually sleeps from 9:30pm-2:30am and then 3-8am (during her BEST nights). Dan is wonderful at rocking her back to sleep if I don't think it's time to feed her yet. :) He's an AMAZING DAD!
- She loves to put weight on her legs for "long" periods of time.
- When she sits in our laps she does not want to relax and recline anymore. She uses her tummy muscles to sit herself up and look at the world around her.
- She's shown quite a love for music already. I have a hard time nursing her while watching Music and the Spoken Word because she wants to look around and see where that music is coming from. When I sing her to sleep at night she coos right along.
- She seems to be learning how to fake cry to get attention (which isn't necessarily a good thing).
- She gets distracted by the camera which makes it hard to capture her cuteness!
- She's using her hands so much now, batting and grabbing. Everything she grabs goes straight to her mouth.
Monday, February 23, 2009
My first day of sewing consisted of getting to know the machine and playing around with the types of stitches on a scrap piece of fabric. It even does button holes!
Any ideas for an EASY second project???
(Side note) Dan had these beautiful tulips delivered to my work for Valentine's day! I love you!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
McKenna was a champ! These are what her eyes look like right before...
this. Bless her heart. It was SO loud. But she slept for a good 30 mins.
Here's the "more" part of the post. I'm no photographer. But our little girl makes ANY picture a good one! (At least that's what I think.)
I love these darling overalls on her!
Here are the cutest cousins around! Whitney (almost 2 months) McKenna (almost 4 months) Kate (almost 7 months).
During family games (Yatzee-noisy dice in a cup), Uncle Brian has such a calming influence on McBaby.