Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Rest of June

The first week home (let's be honest, really the first MONTH) is always such a blur!  So here are the pictures we took and I'll throw in some commentary here and there.  

McKenna and Ben were smitten since day one!  McKenna of course asked (and still asks) to hold her more than Ben.  At first, I thought Ben was just the right amount of interested in Anna.  He would come up and give her a soft kiss and then run off and play.  And he was such a copy cat that he just did everything we did and was nothing but sweet and soft to her.  
Uncle Jonathan visiting
Dan's Grandfather visiting.  He came from a wedding reception, hence the boutonniere.  

We celebrated Dan's 31st BD four days after coming home form the hospital!  I tried so hard not to let this day get over looked.  In the end, he said it never really felt like his birthday.  I blame the sleep deprivation.  :) 
Thankfully, we went to Dan's parents' house for a lovely Sunday dinner and birthday dessert.  :) 

That Sunday dinner was also where Anna got to meet her cousin Lola- 6 weeks older than her.  


Some beautiful flowers I received from my dear friend Mary D.
And a gorgeous arrangement from my sweet mom! 
More big sister snuggles.  
Uncle Sammy 
(He came to visit in the NICU but just missed holding her because of closing time.) 

Ben playing dress-up.
More snuggles



Holy cow I love these three darlings! 

4 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I want to hold a sleeping, snuggly baby!!! AAAAAH! And you said "at first" Ben was just the right interested. Have things changed?

Becca said...

Very cute pictures and kiddos!!! :) She is adorable, you are pretty good at getting pictures within that first month...it's such a crazy time. :)

Mickellerox said...

I love those three darlings too! :)

stephanie624 said...

Anna is beautiful! Really, a very pretty newborn. All your kids are cuties! Your whole family is getting so big. I am glad everything turned out well and that she is home and healthy.