Thursday, February 4, 2016

Jan- Week 2- Carpets Cleaned, Ben's BD Date and BD Party

Friday was chill day helping Ben recover from the throw-ups.  
I took this picture of Bethany on my lap because she laid like this for a good long while as I stroked her back. Just like her mommy--she loves a good back tickle.  
Saturday we did our normal chores.  I took a really good afternoon nap and was woken up by cute Anna.  Once she saw me on my phone she went and got hers.  :) 
In the evening my sister babysat and Dan and I went to Orem for an Institute Council (from his time at UVU) 10 year reunion.  Unfortunately, we didn't get a single picture.  Those are some great friends and leaders who have had such a great influence on us!
Sunday I had to document this GIANT grape we had at lunch.  
McKenna had a stuffy nose all weekend and really wanted to stay home from church, but I had already missed the previous 2 weeks, so I made her come to church and tough it out.  Mean mom.  
In the evening we enjoyed watching Dan's Grandfather and wife Wendy speak at a CES Fireside about what it means to be a true millennial.  After the kids went to bed Dan and I moved furniture to prep for our carpets to be cleaned the next day!  
Monday we got our carpets cleaned for the first time since we moved into this house 5 years ago.  
Before and after
I know it might be hard for most to see, but I could definitely tell the biggest difference on the stairs where some dirt lines had formed at the edge of each step.  
Before and after
We spent almost the whole day in the basement waiting for the carpets to dry.  The kids thought it was fun to set up "camp" down there.  
Sunday and Monday I also felt really nauseous most of the days and fully expected it to be my turn to have the tummy bug, but thankfully it never developed into anything more.  
Tuesday we took Ben and Anna for a trial gymnastics class at Flip's.  Anna loved it but we decided she's still quite young to have an "extra curricular" class.  
Ben loved it and has started going regularly on Mondays.  McKenna also started back up.  
Documenting a cute new outfit from my cousin Mykenzie.  
Thursday I watched our neighbor, Desi (Anna's age) during the day, and then babysat cousin Hailey in the evening while Dan attended some church meetings.  

Friday I let the kids play with PlayDoh.  On the left you can see Ben made a swimming pool, complete with a slide, a green bush, and some flowers.  
Friday Ben also had his birthday date with Grandma Sibber.  
Lunch at Chick-fil-A and shopping at the Disney Store.  He was seriously SO spoiled! Thank you a million times, Grandma!!

He even got this Kylo Ren costume!  I had him wear it and stand at the top of the stairs when McKenna got home from school that day and I captured a pretty great reaction from her. :) 
Friday evening we went to Ugurt to celebrate McKenna practicing the piano 25 days straight!  Uncle Adam was working that night.  She's going for 100 days of practice so she can go out to dinner with her music teacher.  (I told her I would help motivate her along the way by giving rewards every 25 days.)
Saturday was Ben's (rescheduled) birthday party!  It was very much planned by him.  He chose all the games, treats, and goody bag stuff.  I only influenced who he invited and I added two game ideas.  
We read superhero books while we waited for everyone to arrive, played "bubblegum bubblegum in a dish,"pin the shield on Capt. America, bean bag toss, shoot the nerf gun at Capt. America's shield, and my favorite--freeze dance!  
Freeze Dance videos
 Happy 
After we opened presents we had chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and cookies and cream ice cream.  
After treats, the boys watched an episode of Ninja Turtles then had some free time to play.

Monday we celebrated January birthdays at Webster Family Dinner as well as Martin Luther King Jr. day.  Because Ben gave such a great speech at Christmas Adam at Mantua, people wanted more!  So he gave the people what they wanted with another killer speech
Happy Birthday 
Adam, Ye Chen (a Chinese teacher living with Dave and Laurie for the school year), and Ben!


4 comments:

Sibber said...

So fun!! Love that birthday Benny Boy!! Fun things!!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Sweet back tickling Bethany! Ben's acceptance speech is epic!

K Thompson said...

There's a future little president of something there! He's already great. Can't wait to see how he turns out when he's all grown up!!!

Hksedwick said...

I love Anna with her phone. My kids are so excited to pretend to have a phone or a computer.