Friday, February 19, 2016

Jan- Week 4- Utah Gymnastics, Rest of Laura's trip, NFBD

Saturday, we all slept in a little.  Put on our matching pants and headed to the beachfront for some brunch at Crystal Cove.  
After brunch, we had a blast taking pictures and being silly!  We were pretty entertaining to watch! 


We also had fun taking videos with the Boomerang App.

Then we drove to and walked around the Newport Beach Temple.  

We went back to the hotel, took naps, some of us took a dip in the hot tub, some played tetherball and basketball.  Next, we headed to an early dinner at Ruby's on the Pier.  Laurie's parents live in So Cal and met up with us too.  
After dinner, we headed back to the hotel to put babies to bed and play games.  We had to get up super early the next day and we were all pretty worn out from go, go, going, so none of us wanted to stay up too late.  
Saturday back at home, Dan took the kids to a Utah Women's Gymnastics meet.  It was the blackout meet and they got to ride the Trax train too!

The top picture is fron Ben's "crazy hair day" at preschool on Thursday.  
Saturday night Dan took the kids to uncle David's house for a pizza and movie night.  I love seeing Kate with her arm around Anna in the bottom right corner.  
Sunday, we made it home just in time to go to church, though I was a little late.  While I was gone, every time I facetimed with the kids they would say, "Hi mom!  Where's Bethany!?!?"  Needless to say, they were pretty excited about seeing her for the first time at church.  
Sunday evening I gave the kids their souvenirs, showed them pictures, and went to stake choir practice.  

Monday was definitely a "catch-up" day.  I did lots of laundry, Bethany had a hard time taking regular naps, and the kids watched more screen time then normal cause I was so dang tired.  In the evening, McKenna and Ben had gymnastics and then we went to the Nelson Family Birthday Party for January birthdays.  Laurie Marsh took this awesome picture of Anna. :) 
Ben loved being celebrated once again!
The cute decorations (Ben's balloon is the red one on the right) and fun people.    
Bethany loves prunes! 
Tuesday Dan's cousin Alex got home from her mission to Argentina.  Dan got to go to the airport.  The kids and I got to see her later at Dan's parents' house for a little lunch.  

Tuesday I worked a lot on my UEN class for teacher reliscense points.  
Thursday Dan stayed home in the morning because he worked late the night before.  My visiting teachers came in the morning and our home teachers came in the evening.  They were so sweet to bring Ben an Star Wars birthday present.  I also attended an open house baby shower for our good friend Melissa Roth.  

Friday we Skyped with my mom who was working on packing up her life in Chile as they prepare to move to Florida.  While we chatted Anna got her thumb closed in a door.  I thought for sure the fingernail would bruise big time and possibly fall off later.  But so far, it looks like it has totally returned to normal.  
Friday evening I attended a Relief Society craft and dinner night.  I made this cute decoration.  
Saturday we had a pretty good sized snow storm!  I consider it a big storm when the plows can't keep up with clearing the roads.  In spite of that, McKenna and I headed to a volleyball tournament for our niece Emma.  We made it back to Bountiful just in time to attend a baptism for two of McKenna's primary classmates (still in our non-church clothes because we knew we might get stuck on the roads if we tried to go home and change first).  
That night Dan and I went on a date to the temple to do sealings.  Since the storm had blown over by then, there was a very pretty sunset.  Afterwards, we picked Bethany up and went to eat.  I experienced my first Waffle Luv waffle.  It was REALLY good! 
Some Sunday morning snuggles.  

3 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Anna's cheeks are adorable! And that Bethany prune picture is pretty much the greatest!

Becca said...

Such fun!!!! Those kids are getting so much older and cuter. I also wanted to say that the sunset picture in the Cars Land at Disneyland was beautiful! Great picture taking. :)

Hksedwick said...

Anna's cheeks are fabulous!!!