Monday, May 2, 2016

April-Week 2- Park/Flying Kites, Concrete Removal, Ben Soccer, 1st Try Potty Training

Friday we went to the park with some ward friends (Alexanders and Behunins), then we went to Ladies Lunch.  Dan and I went on a date that evening to dinner at Chile Amor and then to do initiatories at the temple.  
Saturday I took McKenna to open gym for gymnastics while Dan got started on loading and hauling away all the broken concrete from our backyard.  He had some excellent helpers too, Nic and Schaefer Paulson and Jagger and Jeramie West.  They worked from 9am-2pm.  It ended up being two loads to the dump weighing 3.5 TONS!!  While Dan was working, I took the kids to the park with Swa and her kids.  It was quite breezy so we brought our kites and the kids loved it! 
This little one hung out in the stroller.  
This was what the yard looked like after everything was done being hauled away.  
Later that afternoon I took Bethany grocery shopping and let her sit in the front like a big girl.  Her sitting up balance maybe wasn't quite ready yet for moving seats, but I helped her out a little. ;) 
Sunday we celebrated the Webster April BDs.  The kids played a little peek-a-boo with Bethany.  
Monday I went visiting teaching and Taggart came over to play with Ben.  They loved winding each other up in the swing and then letting go while it untwisted.  
Monday evening we attended the Nelson Family BD party for April BDs.  
Tuesday we had another fun morning at the park with friends.  This time with Jacquie Cloud and Laura Lewis.  Tuesday evening Ben had his first SOCCER practice and game! It was beautiful weather and he had a lot of fun.  One of his best friends, Henry Alexander is on the same team too.  The coach is a little too quiet in my opinion, but that doesn't make me want to volunteer though. ;)  

Wednesday was a PJ day for me.  Also, when I gave Anna a morning hug and patted her bum, I felt that her diaper was pretty dry, so I asked if she wanted to go pee pee on the potty.  She of course said no, but Ben went down stairs and got the little potty chair.  I thought she might like that more than the regular potty because she's scared she's going to fall in.  She sat on it off and on any times, but was never successful.  After three pee accidents all before lunch, she was back in diapers.  Not a huge deal...just a good little experiment.  It helped give me a little taste of what I need to keep my cool as well.  
Thursday I went visiting teaching, I had a camp meeting in the evening and Dan helped Sam move some Hokulia trailers.  

No comments: