Saturday, June 11, 2016

May- Week 3- Bethany 10 Months, Ben's PS Grad, Baby Mila, My BD

Sunday, Bethany turned 10 months!  I even tried a little clip in her hair.  
Outtakes
 Monday the kids had friends over to play while I did laundry and worked on end of the year teacher gifts.  

Tuesday Ben and Anna played at the Alexander's house.  I used that time, and while Bethany was napping, to organize and vacuum.  After lunch, we attended Ben's preschool graduation!  Grandma and Aunt Mickelle came, though we missed McKenna while she was at school. We loved Ms. Tracy and Ms. Paula this year and we're so glad Ben could have best friend Taggart in his class!  
 Ben led everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance and did so well!!  They sang some darling songs and each gave a speaking line about how their baby animal says happy mother's day and happy father's day.  Ben loved taking deep bows during the applause!  
Ben also helped the girl next to him hold the microphone closer to her mouth.  He's a good helper.  And he unfortunately had an itch in his nose almost the whole time and looked like he may have needed a tissue. 
Ben also presented me with this cute pot he decorated.  
That evening Ben had a soccer game.  Aunt Pickle came and Bethany clapped when we clapped. :)  Dan ended up coaching that night because our regular coach was sick.  He did so well being enthusiastic and cheering with the kids.  Much better than our regular coach, in fact.  I guess I was too distracted to take any pictures though. :(
Wednesday I went running up and down my sidewalk while the kids played outside.  We watched cousin Hailey for a quick 25 mins.  
The weather was glorious that day!  So after school, I took the kids to Hogan Park.
Thursday Ben played at Henry's and then we had Taggart and Hayden & Avery Cardall over to play in the afternoon.  

This is Anna's favorite set-up lately.  Thankfully, she doesn't fall asleep...she just likes to be comfy.    
 Friday I had an appointment with an ear, nose, and throat doctor to check on my enlarged thyroid.  He ordered an ultrasound for more testing.  My sister babysat and helped Anna relax a little too well.
McKenna lost tooth #8 also.  Dan went on a campout that night with the YM so my sister stayed for the evening.  We of course had ice cream and binge watched 4 episodes of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix.  

Saturday we woke up to LOTS of rain so Dan's campout got cut short.  I went running, showered and went for my thyroid ultrasound.  I also had a meeting to try out some activities for stake girls camp.  We got news in the afternoon that our new niece had been born!  Welcome baby Mila!  Congrats Jake and Ailin!   

Sunday Dan's mom and sisters sang in our Sacrament meeting!  It was beautiful!  We made cookies that evening to welcome some new neighbors, the Reudters.  We had some big thunder and lighting in the afternoon and the Angel Moroni on the Bountiful Temple actually got struck! 
Sunday snuggles with my babies.  
Monday was my 32nd birthday!!  My siblings took me out for breakfast to Kneaders!  Mickelle also got me 4 different kinds of M&Ms.  Then I took the kids to a park until it was time for Bethany's nap. 


I still did laundry even though it was my birthday. ;)  I enjoyed Ben Lego creativity!  
Dan came home early and brought me some gorgeous roses and some much needed new socks! 
We went to watch McKenna in gymnastics for the last time before her Summer break.  
After that we went to the May Nelson Family BD party.  
May anniversaries! 

It's always wonderful to see and reconnect with so many extended family members each month! 

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Ben's lego smiley face it great!