Wednesday, June 8, 2016

May-Week 2- Mother's Day, Soccer, Dan's TV Interview, McK Art/Spring Concert Night, Bntfl Chalk Art, Concrete Chunck

Happy Mother's Day!  Here's my beautiful mama wearing the necklace my siblings and I gave her.  It's four peas in a pod with four jewels representing our birthstones.  
For Dan's mom we got her a hair spa visit and a fancy date with her hubby!  
For my mother's day I got these wonderful pictures and cards and IOU tickets to go to a BYU event ON BYU campus (from Dan)!  I gotta expose my kids to Utah County culture too you know?  Go Cougs! (Editor's note: Ugh.)
After church we stopped by my Condie grandparents for a Mother's Day visit.  

Got a cute picture of Anna making herself comfortable while eating dessert after Webster family dinner that evening.  
Monday we briefly babysat cousin Hailey while Sam and Lara signed papers and closed on their new house in Woods Cross! 
Later that afternoon Dan had an interview on channel 13's The Place.  He did so great! 
We often have dance parties at my house, especially while I'm cleaning up meals.  Even Bethany gets into it! 
That night we had some top soil delivered for our back yard project. 
Tuesday morning I spent some time cutting paper and name tags for stake girls camp.  
Ben had soccer that evening and started to show some improvement.  Instead of running past the ball to the goal to block the other team from scoring, he actually tried to get in front of the ball and stop it sooner.  We love that he plays with his neighbor friend Henry! 


Wednesday I volunteered in McKenna's classroom.  While her teacher did D.I.B.L.E.S. testing, I was basically a substitute along with the regular teacher's aid, Mrs. Forbes.  Dan was able to stay home with the kids for half a day while I was gone.  
In the evening we continued to work on our backyard project.  
Thursday we got some sad news that my sister lost her job.  It was very sudden with no warning.  Thankfully, that evening, we could spend some time with her to cheer her up when she was able to come and support McKenna in her Spring Concert/Art Night.  
Grandma came too!  And she treated us to Hokulia afterwards! 
All the music for the concert was from the 60s.  
They had some great sign language, actions, and dancing going on.  The singing is mostly shouting, but you gotta love their enthusiasm! 

Friday I went to Ladies Lunch and then to the park with my friends Laura and Kasha.  
After McKenna got home, we met Dan on Main Street for the Bountiful Chalk Art Festival.  Here are some of our favorites!

That night we got a babysitter and Dan's parents took us out for my birthday dinner and shopping!  We went to Taste of India and then walked around the At Home store.  We even found some new bedding which we are in LOVE with!!  Then we got an A&W root beer ice cream cone to finish the evening off. 
New bedding
Saturday silly selfies (Is that a hashtag?)
We had one of the busiest Saturdays ever.  
I went running in the morning, and after I dropped off McKenna at open gym, I took the little girls grocery shopping.  Then I took McKenna straight to a BD party for a school friend.  All the while Dan took Ben and picked up sod for our backyard.  He worked on laying it with the help of his brother David and his kids.  I came home, put groceries away, then picked up McKenna early from the BD party and take her straight to a lunch at Chuck-a-Rama with her music teacher for her 100 days of practicing the piano.  This was all before noon!!  There was a little left over sod, so we decided to break up a small slab of concrete we had in the front that used to hold a flagpole.  "Small" was what we thought.  The more Dan and David chipped away at the cement, the more they noticed it was getting thicker towards the middle.  They decided to use grandpa's truck and chain to pull the sucker out.  And it was a good thing; that chunk of cement easily weighed 1/2 ton! 
After McKenna got home from her lunch at Chuck-a-rama, I packed the kids up and headed up to Mantua by 2:30 to swim and celebrate cousin Lola's 3rd BD!   We enjoyed swimming (Bethany's first time!) and ate yummy cake and ice cream. Dan stayed back home to finish cleaning up and laid brick pavers to make steps on the side of the house.  We came home by 6 for dinner, baths, and bed time! Whew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Such a cute family.

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

That chalk art always amazes me :)

K Thompson said...

Oh my gosh! That's an awfully big face that opens up this post. Isn't there anyway to put someone else in the picture or make it smaller or something. Scary!!! Loved the rest of it, of course!!!