Thursday, November 10, 2016

Oct- Week 2- Ben's Recital, M Baptism Pictures, Letter Ee, New Park, LPA Fall Carnival

Saturday, Dan mowed the lawn then took Ben over to our friends' house to help them install a new deck.  I took all the girls grocery shopping, then McKenna and I attended a baptism for a school friend of hers, Brinley.  After that, we went baptism shoe shopping.  
Later that afternoon, Ben had a brief music recital where he showed off his skills playing the "red chord."  
We went straight from there to the Bountiful Temple for family pictures and McKenna's baptism pictures with Aunt Lara!  Here are the baptism shots... 


















Sunday I shared my testimony about making my to-do list help me become who I want to be!  I also talked about the couple we sat with at dinner on our cruise.  The purposely never wanted to have children.  The more we talked to them they felt like the world is too dark and scary and don't want to bring a child into a world like that.  All I could think was that this kind of attitude and belief is the exact opposite of FAITH!  I'm so thankful for the faith and hope in my Savior while I raise my children!
We had Webster family dinner that evening as well.  

Monday Ben went to his friend Jordan's BD party at Lewis Park.  That evening was also the Nelson Family BD party for October babies.  Anna's real costume hadn't come yet, so she was princess Anna and her cousin Kate was Elsa.  
 Our October BD girl!  

 Tuesday I hosted the co-op preschool teaching the letter Ee!  It was a little harder than I thought, but still lots of fun with eggs, exercising...
Erasers and elastics
We played hookie from homework in the afternoon and I took the kids to a new park with a sweet zipline and little stream. The weather was too nice not to be outside! Henry and Brittana came with us.  
 Cute Bethany still loves selfies! 
 Wednesday Bethany woke up with one arm out of her jammies.  Super cute!  I listened to some talks from the "mom conference."  While Ben was at gymnastics, Anna wanted to take a picture with their witch decorations.   The kids also had dentist appointments that afternoon.  No cavities!! 
 Dan took McKenna hiking with the youth that night for Mutual.  
I listened to more "mom conference" that night.
Thursday we continued on with more letter Ee at preschool, I did some sewing for McKenna's costume and listened to MORE "mom conference."  All of the talks I listened to had 2-3 things that stood out to me of things I can do to be a better mom.  One was making a "live list."  This is a list of thing we want to do as individuals or as a family to help us develop traits and skills and experiences that will shape us into good well-rounded people!
That evening Dan and I went on a temple date and got treats at Chick fil a afterwards.  

Friday I went to ladies lunch.  McKenna almost came home early because she fell off the swing at her last recess and got the wind knocked out of her and she was pretty sad.  So I made sure to snuggle her LOTS when she came home! 
That evening the kids school had their Fall Carnival.  Introducing our Star Wars: Force Awakens crew!  Rey, Kylo Ren, BB8, and Chewbacca!
The kids made a cute paper plate ghost craft.  
 Lots of other fun carnival games!  I'm so glad it wasn't on a school night this year! 
 That night we set up and decorated as much as possible for McKenna's 8th BD party the next day! 

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

McKenna's baptism pictures are so beautiful! And I still think her costume is super great!