Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Sept- Week 4- Cruise Part 2- Ensenada, McKenna Cross E Field Trip, Day at Sea

Back home, McKenna had a walking field trip to Cross E Ranch.  Thankfully, her chaperone took some cute pictures.  
 She loved the corn pit! 

 Wednesday morning on the ship, we didn't really get up till 9ish.  We had omelettes for breakfast, changed into our swim suits, then got off the boat in Ensenada!  Before we even left on the cruise, we planned for Catalina to be where we spent the most and did lots of excursions.  And then in Ensenada, we would just chill on the beach.  So, we asked for a map and a guy told us the beach was only about a 20 minute walk.  Well... not quite!  Good thing we wore our tennis shoes because we walked for a good 40+ minutes to the closest public beach.  But the good news was, not a single soul from the whole cruise ship had the same idea as us.  We had the whole beach to ourselves!  
We laid out, hunted for shells, and we're pretty sure we witnessed a thief running away with someone's bag.  We stayed there from 11:45-2pm.  We walked back towards the ship and stopped in a cultural center.  They used to have dances there.  Gorgeous ceilings!  
After that, we did our souvenir shopping.  I had probably my first experience with real bartering and I did not like it.  I hated how desperate it made the shop owners seem and it made us seem mean and stingy if they didn't go low enough for us.   We got some fun things for the kids and I got my nativity!  We were back on the boat by 4:30.  We showered and headed to dinner, where Dan tried frog legs! 
(The top two pictures are from the morning.  I ran into a door handle the night before and it bruised my arm.  And a picture of our ship docked at Ensenada.)
That evening we went to an improv comedy show and a "live" game show.  We walked around the ship for a bit and found they were showing the new live action "Jungle Book."  We stayed and watched but I was SO tired I didn't make it through the whole thing.  

Thursday was our day at sea! We ordered room service breakfast (which unfortunately wasn't very good), but then I went back to sleep after eating it, which was awesome to be able to do!

Around 11 we headed up to watch an ice carving demonstration.  Very cool!  Then we thought it would be fun (and a little crazy) for Dan to enter the hairy chest contest and I volunteered to be one of the judges.  There were 6 guys total and Dan was one of three eliminated after the first round, thankfully!  It very much turned into who could be the most provocative.  Funny, but definitely not Dan's style.  ;)  We ate some delicious "Guy's Burgers" for lunch on the Serenity (adults only) Deck.  We read our books, napped, then went to the upper deck for more reading and chilling.  It actually got a little foggy for a bit.  We also decided to try the water slide.  It was fun but I didn't end up going very fast.  
Here's Dan's medal for participating in the hairy chest contest.  After chilling for most of the day, I was feeling pretty antsy, so I went to the work out room and ran two miles while Dan enjoyed the hot tub for a bit.  We both showered and got cleaned up for dinner.  Someone who sat nearby and apparently injured herself and needed to be in a wheel chair.  Some jokester had scratched off some of the letters in "Carnival" so the wheelchair only said "anal Inspiration."  Also that night at dinner, Dan tried escargot.  I could only eat a small nibble of it if I told myself it was a mushroom. :)  There was a beautiful sunset that a picture didn't really capture.  
Also, for the last night of dinner, our severs performed for us!  It was Gangnam style, so I had to get up and dance with them!  After dinner we went to the final singing and dancing show that was 70s themed.  As we got to the theater, they asked if we (meaning I) wanted to participate IN the show.  I said sure!  Why not?  
So I got to get up and dance on stage! Do the Hustle! I loved striking a pose at the end.  
After the show, we played mini golf and ping pong and had some pizza on the Serenity Deck.  
We were back to our room by 10:15 and packed to disembark the next morning.  :( 

1 comment:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

You are so brave! I would NOT have gotten up to dance. And it's a shame Dan didn't win ;)