Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Sept. '17- Week 4- School Pictures, Mantua, RS Broadcast, Primary Program, Flat Tire, Crazy Hair Day, Wikoloa Home, St. George Surprise!

Friday I helped with McKenna's 3rd grade "Land and Space" culminating activity.  I made lots of salt dough balls for this activity and the kids got to make a land form out of them.  They also listened to and watched a virtual presentation from the Clark Planetarium about our Solar System, they did a map activity using big maps of individual states, they talked about the phases of the moon using Oreos, and did some exploring using Google Earth.  Dan was able to be home with Anna and Bethany and even went to the store with them.  Anna looked like such a little diva with her sunglasses and purse.  
We got the kids school pictures back!  Man they keep growing up! 

That evening we packed up and headed up to Mantua for a sleep over with just our family and Dan's dad, Grandpa Webster.  Anna of course fell asleep on the way up there holding her Zebra Cake (which I had to finish for her).  But first, we stopped at the movie theater in Perry and saw Despicable Me 3.  It was a cute show and Bethany even did great in the theater!  
The kids loved coloring together at the kitchen counter.  
Saturday we had a chill morning playing games, the kids playing songs on the keyboard, and I did some needed cleaning at Mantua. We left and were home by 3:40.  McKenna and I changed and left for the General Women's meeting.  First we had dinner with Whitney, Laurie, Emma, and Ailin, then we watched the broadcast at our stake center and enjoyed a caramel apple spread for refreshments afterwards.  I also went grocery shopping later that night.  **My main take away from the meeting and all the talks was that I am of great worth and should only value what Heavenly Father thinks of me.  
My dad sent this great picture of my mom talking with President Eyring during one of their weekends doing service for hurricane clean-up in Florida!  So fascinating to hear their stories of how much people needed help down there! 
Sunday was our primary program!  I tried to build it up all morning and assure Anna she would do so great!  But when it came time to even go sit with her class, she was NOT having it.  As you can see, she was quite sad most of the first 5-10 mins.  Thankfully, Dan was still sitting on the stand and she could snuggle him a bit in between songs.  She didn't ever get the guts to say her part, but once that was past, and by the end of the program, she was singing, smiling, and even bouncing and happy!  Just a bad case of stage fright! ** She let out the cutest little squeak right before a full-on cry when it was her turn to say her part.  I told her I was proud she even stood up there!  
That night after kids were in bed, we watched the movie "Passengers" with Mickelle.  

Monday I went walking with Rachael, took Anna to gymnastics, then went visiting teaching to Shelly.  Most of that morning, while driving around, I kept hearing this strange clicking sound.  Then it turned into more of a thunking sound.  When I checked things out, I found this bad boy in my tire!  So after dropping Anna off at preschool, I headed over to Burt Bros to get the tire replaced.  Thankfully we only had to pay for new flat tire coverage.  
Tuesday was crazy hair and sock day at the kids school.  
I also had a baby check up that morning.  Anna played with Avery Cardall while I organized Bethany's clothes.  We had normal dance and gymnastics after school, we ate dinner in a pumpkin for dinner, and Ben went to bed early that night because he wasn't feeling well.  

Wednesday I went walking with Rachael again and also had Amelia with me while Adam went to the dentist.  Bethany had a speech lesson and I then decorated for Halloween.  We also had parent teacher conference that afternoon for both McKenna and Ben and their teachers had only wonderful things to say about them, so we went and got ice cream afterwards to celebrate!  (This day for school spirit day was "dress as your future self."  McKenna was an art teacher and Ben had Utes gear on.)  :) 
After dinner, we went to the Wikoloa assisted living facility where McKenna played the piano for those sweet old ladies.  Then the kids helped pass out refreshments and helped show pictures as part of the FHE lesson given by Sis. Lemon.  Both McKenna and Ben said they had a good experience and felt the Spirit as they served.  
I later gave Dan an haircut that night.  

Thursday morning I went to Lewis Park with Shelly, Melissa Roth, and Rachael, then took Anna to music.  Then... Surprise, surprise!!  Dan surprised me with an overnight trip to St. George!!  He said it was "just because" and to thank me for all I "put up with."  But I'm not really sure how I got so lucky!  He had told me he had a surprise for me, I knew I needed to pack for overnight and to bring some clothes for warmer weather.  When we started heading south and he handed me some of my favorite road trip snacks, I kinda put it together that we were going to St. George and were possibly going to see a show at Tuacahn!!  We stopped for lunch at Sweeto Burriot and Dan confirmed the surprise!!  Ahhhh!  So excited!!  And I have to say that one of the best parts of the trip was that I napped in the car... like for a long time. :)  I have fond memories of sleeping in the car on road trips with my family.  Dan was so nice to let me sleep.  We stayed at a condo of some of our ward members, Judy and Bryce Olson.  We went exploring a little and then went to dinner at the Crepery.  So yummy!  Then we headed to the play.  
The weather was so great and the performance even better!  I definitely had perma-smile, or "big teeth" as Dan likes to call it. :) 
The next morning we slept in a little, then went to the 10am session at the St. George Temple.  Neither one of us had ever been inside that temple before and it was so lovely.  We had lunch at a hawaiian grill place where Dan tried the Pupu chicken. ;)  I napped again on part of the drive home, then we looked up possible baby girl names (since we're pretty sure we already have a boy name).  
We hit some bad traffic and didn't get home until 6:45pm (we planned to be back by 4 or 5... oops).  A HUGE thank you to my sister Mickelle and Dan's mom for being our main babysitters!  Ailin was also so nice to take Ben and Anna to the Sea Quest aquarium with them.  
I slammed my elbow in my car door earlier in the week and had to document how pretty the bruise had gotten.  :)
Saturday we got groceries first thing in the morning, then we enjoyed listening to the first session of General Conference.  I also tried to sort and organize my clothes, changing them out to maternity clothes.  After lunch, Mickelle came to babysit and we took McKenna to the conference center to hear Grandfather speak during the afternoon session.  
When we got home, Dan gave Ben a haircut and then went to the priesthood session of conference.  I took the kids to Grandma's house for soup, salad, and donuts!  
Cute video of Bethany dancing.
Before bed, we needed to give Anna her inhaler because she was coming down with a cold and her breathing was already not doing well.

No comments: