Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Sept. '17- Week 3- Kids Sleep over, State Fair, NFBD

Friday morning I got these adorable videos of Bethany putting on make-up.  


Lizzie and Sam Jaynes came over to play in the afternoon.  That evening we fed the kids dinner then tried something new!  We turned on Face Time on our iPad, turned on a show, and left McKenna in charge.  Dan and I went on a date and got frozen custard from Nielsen's!  We were gone for about an hour and the kids did great!  We brought them home a chocolaty treat and Bethany thoroughly enjoyed hers.
(I also got a picture of Anna asleep in the car with some princess shoes on her big toes.)
That night the three older kids had a sleep over in McKenna's room.  (And us waking up to that cute Bethany face!)  I love that they love to be with each other! 
Saturday after breakfast we went on a family bike ride!  McKenna and Ben are doing great on their two wheelers.  I borrowed Swa's bike and I realized very quickly that my bottom does NOT enjoy biking.  Or at least is very much not used to biking...but it was still fun!  
I went right after that to get my hair cut then I walked a mile home (by choice) while Dan took the kids grocery shopping.  After lunch we went to the Utah State Fair!  Anna was embracing her fake glasses and crown that day.  The kids always love the helping hands pretend farmer place.  
 Tractors and filling up with gas.  
 Snacks at the end.  
 Because the kids got free admission to the fair through the Summer "Read and Win" program, they also got one free ride!  Ben chose this obstacle course contraption thing and loved it! 
We let Anna choose a ride as well but she needed a more tame ride because she's kind of a wimp.  ;)  And since McKenna didn't want to ride a ride by herself, together they settled on the carousel.  Probably not the ideal choice for McKenna, but she was a nice sister to appease Anna.  
 We also have the tradition of the Giant Yellow Slide!  I went with McKenna and Ben and Dan took Bethany.  I love how terrified she looked, but she got up smiling when they got to the bottom!
 We headed over to see the butter sculpture and the Lego displays (in the craft areas).  
 Then we headed over to see my favorite part of the fair-- the animals!  Bethany wasn't a huge fan of getting close to them, but she liked them from a distance.  
We also got some fried Oreos and cheesecake and they were delicious!  McKenna had powdered sugar all over her.  
 
We had Wendy's for dinner then Dan headed off to the Utah football game.
Sunday the kids watched "Hercules" in the morning.  The kids practiced for their primary program while at church.  After dinner that evening, we made cookies and stopped by my teacher friend's house (Shaan Bartschi).  She just moved into our ward!  That night, Dan snapped this awesome picture of Anna.  I love that she doesn't care if her cute baby belly hangs out.
Monday I taught a Constitution Day lesson in McKenna's class first thing in the morning, then hurried and took Anna to gymnastics.  While taking Anna to preschool, Bethany insisted on wearing a "bap bap."  Later in the afternoon, I also taught a constitution lesson in Ben's class.  I got a picture of Anna and Bethany's set up in my room.  They love to play next to our bed and turn it into a little secret hiding place.
That evening was the Nelson Family BD party at the Maxfield's.  They had a fun "Night at the Fair" theme with an inflatable slide.  We celebrated all the September BDs, including Grandfather.  His daughters made him a beautiful quilt! 
Tuesday I babysat Ivy Roth and also did some organizing and mending while she was here.  After school, we dropped Ben off at gymnastics and when it was time to take McKenna to dance, Bethany said, "Now Nennie."  She surprises me with her new phrases sometimes!  McKenna also worked hard on her book report that evening.  

Wednesday morning snuggles with the little girls.  
Later, I got Keva Juice and GH bread for lunch with them, then we played at Hogan Park for a while.  I made salt dough balls in the afternoon with McKenna for a land forms culminating activity for her class.  McKenna also worked more on her book report.  That night, we gave Ben some melatonin for the first time.  He has been coming upstairs way too often after we put him to bed and waking up too early.  Finger's crossed this helps!  

Thursday I went with Anna to her music class.  We babysat Ellie, Charlie, and Clara in the afternoon.  Then I went with Ben to his music class as well.  That night, Dan and I watched "Wonder Woman."

No comments: