Monday, October 23, 2017

Sept. '17- Week 2- Ward Camp Out, Anna Starts Gymnastics, Book Club, Bethany Says "Apple,"

We spent the morning getting ready go to our ward campout.  We left by 4pm and hit bad traffic and rain on the way down. We made it by 6pm and enjoyed a pot luck dinner.  The kids had fun playing with friends and especially loved being creative with all the glow sticks people brought (they made jewelry, purses, and space helmets)! We were in bed by 10:30 but Anna was up coughing quite a bit in the night.  
We were up the next morning around 7am.  There was a delicious big breakfast and we enjoyed some time with Grandma and Grandpa!  Anna apparently couldn't wait for breakfast and mooched off of some food the Jaynes family brought.  :)  Dan and I showed our respective school spirit for the big rivalry game that day.  
There's a fun park by the camp site and we played BINGO! 
We had pizza for lunch then packed up and headed home!  After laundry, showers, and unpacking, we Facetimed with my parents who decided to evacuate due to Hurricane Irma scheduled to make landfall in the Tampa area over the weekend.  They drove up to my sister's house in Alabama.  That night after kids were in bed, I worked on the blog while Dan when up to his parents' house to watch the BYU/Utah game.  
We had Webster family dinner Sunday evening and celebrated September BDs.  I watched hurricane coverage off and on that day.  

Monday I got some good snuggles from Bethany.  Our van hit a milestone--65,000 miles! 
Anna had her first day of gymnastics and was very excited to wear some new-to-her leotards McKenna used.  Anna also showed that over the Summer she gained quite a bit of confidence and improved a lot!  We then went to Costco and the girls were being silly using our paper towels as a pillow.  After dropping Anna off at preschool, I took Bethany to Sam and Lara's to nap while I volunteered in Ben's class to help with art.  We had a normal evening of homework and FHE reading scriptures about the mission of Jesus Christ.  
Tuesday Bethany had speech.  The teacher brought a tunnel and the girls loved pretending it was a slide.  We went to Bountiful Park with Swa and Ailin for lunch.  I crammed hard in the afternoon and while making dinner to listen to my book club book.  I had book club that night for the "Killer Angels" book about the battle of Gettysburg.  Overall it was a pretty graphic book at the end and difficult for me to get into, but I appreciated the personal side of getting to know the Generals in the armies form both sides.  

Wednesday I went walking with Rachael.  We picked apples on the way down the hill and Bethany said a new word! "Apple."
Of course Anna wanted a video too.  
McKenna had Camille over to play in the afternoon.  I worked on preparing Constitution day lesson stuff.  Ben also had Taggart over to play.  

Thursday I went walking with Rachael again.  I took Bethany to play at Hogan Park while Anna was at her music class.  

I had a RS activity that night.  We played a service gift exchange.  I got some FHE lessons about the First Presidency created by Melanie Olson.

No comments: