Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Aug. '17- Week 4- Mom and Dad Here, Play Dates, Sink Problem, Mantua, New Doors, Swimming at Blaser's

Tuesday my visiting teachers came over then I attended a bridal shower for Dallin and Christy Lowder (Brad Lowder's son) at the Ringwood's.  My parents came over in the afternoon and told us all about their Eclipse experience.  I attended the parents meeting for Ben and Anna's music class.  Our next door neighbor, Sadie Gunnerson, was set apart as a missionary (which Dan attended).  

Wednesday, Desi and Will Alexander came over to play.  Unfortunately Will was pretty sad most of the time.  When Rachael came to get her kids, she ended up taking Anna and Bethany back to her house to play.  I worked on paying medical bills and tracking my professional development classes for relicense points.  After lunch McKenna and Ben came home.  Jordan came over to play and Jordan and Ben traded Pokemon cards and played dress up.  I took stroganoff to the Winegar family. We skyped Emily that night.  She was feeling quite overwhelmed with all her new college classes and trying to close on her newly built house!  Dan brought me some Hokulia that night and he took some to his dad who was recovering from eye surgery.   
Thursday I attended Anna's music class with her while my parents babysat Bethany.  I also babysat Clara and Charlie Stewart in the afternoon as part of a babysitter swap with Brynn while we attend Henry and Ben's music classes.  That night we had one last dinner with my parents and siblings and watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  Unfortunately Dan was trying to tighten our kitchen sink faucet, thought the water was shut off, but it wasn't... :(  We used pretty much every towel in our house and still had some water leak down to the basement.  Everything seemed to dry out nicely though.  

Friday I went walking with Rachael and Melissa Roth in the morning, then we played at Lewis Park for a bit with Shelly Jaynes too.  I picked up groceries and washed all the towels we used the night before.  After kids got home from school we headed up to Mantua!  We had pizza with Sam and Lara and Grandpa then watched "How to Train your Dragon" on the upstairs deck.  We had a pretty rought night's sleep that night as Bethany came into bed with us at some point and made it very difficult to sleep.  

Saturday after a pancake breakfast, McKenna and I got dressed for the day and headed back to Bountiful for a couple hours to attend a baptism for one of McKenna's good friends, Hannah Hilbig. At Mantua, Aunt Lara had fun doing all the little girls hair matching.   
On our way back up to Mantua, we stopped by cousin Joe's soccer game.  Brynn and Brian had to divide and conquer quite a bit that day with 4 kids in soccer games, which left no one to attend Joe's game.  So we were happy to watch for the last 15 minutes since it was on our way back north.  We also stopped by Pettingill's for a peach shake.  We got back to Mantua by 1pm and had lunch.  
Because of the rough night's sleep, Bethany napped from 11-2.  I got a nap as well while Dan went swimming with the kids.  Ben had a good time laying out ALL his Pokemon cards! And of course playing Nintendo with cousins.  
That evening was the extended Webster family gathering!  Fun swimming, yummy food, and great to catch up with Dan's cousins.  
 Here's Grandpa Webster with his three beautiful sisters! 
We got home from Mantua late, around 9:45pm!  Kids went straight to bed!
Sunday We watched "The Sound of Music" before church.  We got to church a little early to practice because the YW sang our "Ask of God" song we sang at camp.  Velda Ah Yen accompanied us on her Ukulele.  It was beautiful! I got to play with Daisy Behunin during SS while Kylee taught the lesson and Nate was being set apart and trained as Dan's new Executive Secretary.  We had Webster family dinner that evening and before bed I braided McKenna's hair so it would be crimped for picture day the next day. 
Monday morning we had Samuel Jaynes over to play for a bit before taking him to his Joy School.  I also had an OB appointment and heard a good strong baby heartbeat!  I listened to my book club book while folding lots of laundry.  We did a quiet FHE lesson during dinner, then Dan started taking down our interior doors so they could be matched to make NEW ONES!!  Dan also mowed the lawn and I worked on my UEN class.  

Tuesday I went walking with Rachael and Sarah Moulton.  Afterwards, Anna and Bethany went to Rachael's to play.  I clipped our rose bush and swept outside a little.  Then I picked up the girls and went to the paint store.  We babysat cousin Ellie for a bit and I cleaned up patriotic decorations.  After school, McKenna had her first day back at Hip Hop Dance after the Summer break.  
I finished my UEN class that night and gave Dan a haircut.  

Wednesday the Alexanders and Camille Roth came over the play after school.  That night Sam came over to prep the garage and started painting our new doors.  I sanded our pantry door in the back yard.  

Thursday Sam worked some more on painting our new doors.  That night we had a good time swimming and hanging out with the Blasers and Spencers.  We took some peaches and cream to share.  It was a little chilly, but we had lots of fun catching up with old friends.  McKenna and Ben loved the giant slide!  Dan took Bethany and Anna down the slide as well and they loved it after they landed safely at the bottom.  

No comments: