Monday, October 23, 2017

Sept. '17- Week 1- Boating, Labor Day,Swimming, Anna Starts Preschool

I met Sarah Moulton and Brigette McKamey at the Jeep Posse (Brickyard) park for lunch.  Sam worked on painting our doors more.  We had a pizza and movie night as a family that night and watched "Boss Baby."  

Saturday after morning grocery shopping, we packed up, took Whitney with us, and went boating with the Stewarts at Willard!  Brynn and I traded off time on the beach with a couple of kids so that there weren't too many people on the boat.  I took a Dramamyne to see if it would help with my motion sickness and I think it did a little.  Brian was also a fairly conservative driver, which I appreciated.  I even went tubing with Joe and Henry and had a great time!  Here are my two beach buddies! 
We headed back to the Mantua house by 6:30 but didn't end up leaving to drive home until 8:30. We also had to stop at Wendy's for a late dinner.  Thank goodness the kids had lots of snacks.  

Sunday was a pretty normal day.  The kids finished "Sound of Music," and Dan happened to come home in between meetings and church which helped us big time to be on time.  Mickelle stayed for dinner and I found out that evening that a teacher friend of mine, Shaan Bartschi, moved into the Applewood condos in our ward!  
Here I am at 2 months pregnant and 3 months pregnant! 
Monday was Labor Day. After breakfast Dan started installing our NEW DOORS!!  The first three were great and overall only 3 of the 9 new doors needed to be shaved down a bit because they were too big.  While Dan did that, I worked on creating these checklists for the kids.  It's their after school routines and the hope is that I won't have to bark orders but gently remind them to check off items on their checklist.  
I also worked on changing our wall calendar for a new month.  McKenna painted the letter M she got for her birthday when she turned 8.  She chose the color teal and also did pink polka dots on it.  
Anna started coming down with a "back to school" cold.  I also organized the color books basket and started some new school paper binders for each of the kids then we went swimming as a family at the Gunnerson's.  

The Reudters stopped by to share some caramel popcorn with our family.  We ended up needing to give Anna her inhaler that night.  And after kids were in bed Dan ran to Lowe's and kept working on shaving down doors so they would all fit!  We still need to do paint touch-ups, but they look SO AWESOME!  It really updates the look of the whole house!  

Tuesday the roses I clipped so you could see our rivalry flag had started to open!  And Bethany fit into her BYU cheerleader outfit!
Tuesday we also babysat Will and Desi Alexander.  All four kids had runny noses and Desi and Anna fought a lot, so it wasn't the greatest morning.   I then took my kids to Autumn Cundick's house while I went to Anna's preschool orientation.  The kids did great with their new checklists and Ben started Gymnastics that afternoon and had lots of fun! 

Wednesday we babysat Charlie and Clara in the morning.  Poor Charlie was pretty sad most of the time... until I took him outside.  Thank goodness wagon rides and swinging helped! (Bethany has that "Ben" pose down.)  
After lunch I took Anna for her first day of preschool at Adelaide Elementary!  
She found her locker, moved her name, washed her hands, and got right to work.  The class is pretty girl heavy, and she's loving having Paisley Panter from our ward in her class.  
Bethany loves swinging too!  
McKenna was so excited for Anna that she planned a "Welcome Home" party for Anna.  

The kids played at the Alexander's that afternoon.  Dan had the priests over that evening for a planning meeting in our backyard.  

Thursday I went with Anna to her music class.  
Here's a cute video of Bethany's love for "Daniel Tiger!"
McKenna had Activity Days and Ben went to music.  We also packed that night for camping the next day.  

No comments: