Monday, June 25, 2018

April '18- Week 2- First Sunday at Church, Grandma Jeanne Funeral, Spring Pictures, Alice Smiles, Red and White Scrimmage, D and L Surprise Party

Sunday was my first time back at church after "maternity leave."  Thankfully my sister Emily was here to help me get the kids ready and we were ON TIME for church (and an extra bonus was the kids were pretty well behaved!).  After church I started a new thing where I want to read at least one story in the Friend magazine with the kids before we watch any shows.  Dan got some good half smiles out of Alice.  
 Here are some pictures of Alice in the same dress Anna and Bethany wore on their first Sunday to church.  
And just for fun, I made this collage of all my babies around 4-6 weeks old.  
Sunday evening we played games, had brownies and enjoyed being with my parents and siblings.  

Monday Emily came with us to Anna's gymnastics. Bethany drew "Emily" on a friend's boogie board.  We enjoyed lots of quality time with Aunt Emily while she was here!  
We had plans in the evening to take dinner to and visit with my Grandma Condie, but Mickelle and my mom were rear ended and my mom ended up needing some medical attention.  So we had dinner at home, Ben had baseball practice, and my parents and siblings came over later.  We also watched the documentary "Boys of '36" which was based on my recent book from club book titled "The Boys in the Boat."

Tuesday Dan and I went to the office of vital records and statistics to get Alice's birth certificate corrected.  My mom and I (plus my three younger girls) went and visited Grandma Condie for a bit before lunch. 
 I ran to Costco after dropping Anna off at preschool.  The kids got back their spring pictures.  They both loved that it was their first pictures with glasses and without braces.  

In the evening, we attended my Grandma Jeanne's viewing.  We only stayed for about an hour due to crazy children.  Then I went to my book club later that night.  

Wednesday Lara and Sam were nice enough to watch Bethany while we went to my grandma's funeral.  It was a lovely program with many wonderful memories of Grandma Jeanne (mine and McKenna's name sake).  Some of my favorite memories of her: I love that she was always very concerned for our safety and whether we had eaten enough.  "You'll be careful now won't you?" I loved her dyed red hair and her quick witted sense of humor.  She was faithful in church and served in the temple with my grandpa for several years and was even able to help me through part of the endowment session once.  I'm also pretty sure I got my love of babies from her!  


After the funeral my sister Emily had to head straight to the airport to fly home. SO glad she could come and not only be here for the funeral but also to meet Alice!   
Dan took McKenna, Anna, and Bethany home and I took Ben and Alice down to the graveside service in Scipio to be buried next to Grandpa Dave Thompson.  




Alice was so good on the long drive to and from Scipio and it was wonderful to be with lots of family that day.  

Thursday Anna had music and I got this adorable video on Bethany.  She had been saying this for a while and I finally got it on video.  "Baby Alice so tiny." *hands against cheek*
I also had a meeting for Bethany's speech evaluations to see if she will qualify for the free preschool.  I got some good Alice nap snuggles after taking Anna to preschool.  
 Camille came to play after school.  Dan got some great Alice smiles!  My parents came over for dinner and my mom made a yummy crab pie.  
Friday Dan took the day off work, did some yard work and took a load to the dump.  I went to ladies lunch.  That night Dan went to Mantua with the Teacher's Quorum for a retreat.  At home, we watched The Greatest Showman with my parents and Mickelle.  
Snapchat silliness and a funny pen Ben brought home from school.

Saturday McKenna went to Korie's BD party and Dan and Ben went to the Utes red and white scrimmage with some other Webster boys.  
McKenna and Anna played at the Alexander's and I took Alice grocery shopping.  I did some cleaning in the afternoon while kids took showers and baths.  We had pizza for dinner and then the kids painted a craft from Grandma.  
After kids were in bed, Dan and I went to a surprise BD party for Dave and Laurie who both turned the big 4-0!  


No comments: