Monday, November 5, 2018

Aug. '18- Week 3- First Day of School, Matching Uniforms, Back to School Webster Dinner

Wednesday was the first day of school!  The kids were excited and only a little nervous.  
After we dropped off McKenna and Ben to their classes, I took Anna for her kindergarten testing.  She did about how I expected but was more clingy than I thought she would have been.  
Dan went rafting that afternoon with the youth.  After school we went swimming at the Novak's with the Roths, Kumps, Searles, and Andrea Walker and kids who came up from Utah County.  After showers that night I had to get a good picture of Bethany's curls!  Man they're pretty! I just wish her top layer of hair was that curly too.  
Bethany loving her lip stuff! 
Thursday the girls were being adorable! 
After school McKenna got to play the organ at the chapel for a little bit with Sis. Novak.  I went to a meeting for Let's Play Music, McKenna had Activity Days and Ben had his first baseball practice.  After kids were in bed, Dan took Alice to visit his parents while I was productive at home.  

Friday after McKenna and Ben were at school, I went swimming at the Kofoed's with Brynn, Lara, and Ailin and kids.  Grandma and Grandpa stopped by to say hi.  
Ben played at Henry's after school.  I gave Alice some more Miralax in some rice cereal but she threw it up and was pretty somber the rest of the evening.  Clearly she wasn't feeling well.  We had pizza, snuggled, and watched Moana as a family that night.  The next morning at 5am, Alice had a massive blowout!  NOW she felt better!  

Saturday Ben had baseball practice and I went through his uniform clothes.  That night Marcie Mortensen babysat and Dan and I attended the adult session of stake conference.  We had an excellent discussion about ministering with Elder Kopischke.  Then we went to Nielsen's with Brynn and Brian.  

Sunday McKenna and I sang in the stake choir for stake conference.  Grandpa Webster was released as our stake president after 9.5 years of faithful service!! I'm so thankful for his example!  A new presidency was then sustained. President- Tim Farnes, 1st counselor- Kelly Sansom, and 2nd counselor- Jared Wendel.  Elder Kopischke taught about how ministering should lead others to exaltation.  That is the end goal in all we do!  That night we had a back-to-school dinner with all the Websters.  Dan's mom bought us so many supplies!  She's the best!  She said it was better than Christmas and she had chills. :)  (Dan also took this picture of all 5 of us girls trying to get ready in one bathroom that morning!) 
Monday Dan had meetings in Midway at the Zermatt resort.  Anna had her first official day of kindergarten!  She did so well and wasn't nervous at all.  I teared up a little because of how proud of her and excited for her I was!  She wore the uniform that matched McKenna's the best. 
That night I took McKenna, Anna and Alice to the Nelson Family Party at the Lowder's.  Dan took Ben and Bethany to Ben's baseball game.  
Tuesday there was more matching uniforms. So cute! :)  Mickelle hung out with us that evening and we also visited Desi Alexander who just had her tonsils out.  
I got this sweet video of Alice laughing as her hands were being tickled by Dan's whiskers.  

No comments: