Friday, November 23, 2018

Sept. '18- Week 1- Labor Day at Mantua, Alice 6 Months, Collin Fireside, First Days of Ballet, Ward Camp Out.

Saturday Dan was able to go rowing and then mowed the lawn.  Ben had baseball practice.  I did some cleaning and got a haircut from Kira.  That night after kids were in bed, Dan and I watched the movie "Gifted" about a little girl with amazing math skills.  It was a feel good movie.  :) 

Sunday Anna "gave a talk" in primary.  In other words, she stood there and kind of hid while Dan did the talking.  The crumpled up paper is her response to getting the assignment slip of paper.  It's so funny to me how selectively shy she can be.  Nevertheless, we told her how proud of her we were for standing there! 
After church we packed up and headed to Mantua for Labor Day on Monday.  We had taco salad for dinner and after kids were in bed, Dan played Monopoly with some of the family that was up there (Sam and Lara, Adam, Mom and Dad, and Stewarts).  The kids watched Inside Out.  

Monday we had pancakes for breakfast and I played Apples to Apples with McKenna, Katie, Grandma, and Brynn.  Then we all headed outside to go for a walk, ranger rides, and of course swimming!   
 The kids were trying to push uncle Brian in the pool and Ben scratched his back falling in the pool too close to the wall.  McKenna and Katie made this awesome raft out of pool noodles.  
 There was also peach picking!  
 I gave Alice some little bites of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  After about 7 bites she started coughing a little and her chin broke out in this slight rash.  It totally scared me and made us think she may have a peanut allergy.  :( 
 We had hot dogs for dinner and got home and got kids to bed by 9 after delivering some of those peaches to neighbors.  

Tuesday I took Alice's 6 month pictures! 
Dan looked at some flooring samples with us and I got a cabinet and drywall bid.  Anna had her first day of ballet/jazz and loved it and Ben had a baseball game.  
*Alice is finally doing well with eating solids and pooping! 

Wednesday was a busy day once kids were home from school.  We had piano, McKenna had theater, Anna and music, we got Ben's glasses adjusted, then we picked up Del Taco dinner and ate it at Ben's baseball game.  Mickelle met us at the game to babysit and Dan and I left to attend a youth fireside by Collin Kartchner about the harm social media can have on teens, as well as adults.  It was enlightening and he's an entertaining presenter as well.  
Thursday I went walking with Rachael. Afterwards Bethany and Anna played at Alexander's for a bit, and our kitchen floor got measured for a bid.  Bethany had her first day of dance preschool and loved it!  I asked if it made her happy and she says that often now when I pick her up! "It make me so happy!"  I'm also so proud of her.  I could see a tiny lip quiver when I was saying good bye to her, but she was so brave and didn't cry!  She has Miss Jess and loves her! 
That evening Dan and I went to McKenna's Activity Days activity with her.  It was a cookout at the Brown's and was lots of fun! 

Friday Bethany's preschool had a "popsicles in the park" preschool social and it was so fun to have cousins there as well!  
I took Anna straight to school from the park, then babysat Hazel and Ellie for a bit.  Dan came home  early and we packed up for our ward camp out!  It is always such a great time!  The kids play a lot at the nearby park.  There's a yummy potluck dinner and other delicious planned meals.  Dan played Spike Ball with his priests.  Alice slept great in the van and I only had to snuggle Bethany once in the night.  The main downside is there are always loud cars driving by all night on the nearby road which is super lame and always wakes me up at least once.  

No comments: