Friday, April 24, 2020

Feb. '20- Week 2- McKenna Spelling Bee, Anna Ice Cream Date, Anna Fiesta and Dance, Ben and McKenna Valentine's, Date with Dan

Saturday we had french toast up at Midway and talked at the table for a while.  Then cleaned up and the girls played outside some.  We stopped for ice cream on the way out of town.  When we got home, the kids were playing the Switch with Jonathan.  Then Dan took some loads from our garage up to the new house.  McKenna went to Lia's to play and Anna and Bethany went to Desi's.  I took Alice to run some errands then chill for a bit.  After baths and dinner, I made cupcakes and cookies for Webster dinner dessert the next day.  Dan also got a haircut that night and we packed office stuff.  

Sunday I attended ward choir.  Jonathan came to church with us and we played a Chutes and Ladders game in Primary singing time.  After church we watched Book of Mormon videos and Relative Race.  We celebrated February BDs at Webster family dinner.  

Monday we hurried and got ready for the day to make it to school in time to watch McKenna in the school Spelling Bee.  She unfortunately got out on round two with the word "geometry."  (Her first word was "breakfast.")  It was funny by the end Alice was calling out random letters like "o" and "p" and I was worried they would ask us to leave because of cheating. ;)  McKenna was pretty bummed about getting out so soon, so I took her to get hot chocolate and we just sat and talked in the car for a bit till she felt better.  We were so proud of her none the less! That afternoon while Bethany was at preschool and Alice napped I listened to my book and folded laundry.  After school I ran some errands and the kids were good!  After dinner Dan and I took Anna on an overdue ice cream date.  Once everyone was in bed Dan worked more in the garage and I collaged phone pictures.   
Tuesday I exercised.  After breakfast I made phone calls and went through the coat closet.  We got another roof bid and after school while Ben had rehearsal I snuggled Anna.  I attended music with Bethany and after dinner I purchased tickets for Ben's "Annie" play.  Alice had a hard evening and cried a lot while Dan was at church meetings.  

Wednesday Alice was hard again and was so sad about not having her binkie and blanket.  We had gotten her into some bad habits by giving it to her too often when she's out of her crib, so I was trying to break that habit.  We sat in her room with them for a while and when it came time to put them away, she still screamed!  Once she calmed down, I cut tissue paper for a Valentine's craft for McKenna's class.  I drove kids all over... After dinner, I had to pick McKenna up that evening and thankfuly Jake brought Anna home from dance.  We did baths and showers and Dan had late church meetings.  

Thursday I exercised and babysat, Charlie, Clara, Ellie, and Hazel at Brynn's house while Brynn want to watch Katie's lip sync.  Brynn later babysat my two girls while I went to Anna's Mexican Fiesta. I taught to class how to make tissue paper flowers and I helped run their store where they spent their pesos.  Right after school Bethany went to Rachael Pugsley's BD party and I went with Anna to music.  Then we went straight to her care center Dance Company performance.  Holley brought her home because Dan and I both had a regional trainings for church.  I rode with Amy Hamblin and had a good talk about the move. For the primary training, they focused on ministering and teaching the doctrine.  McKenna babysat and when we got home Dan didn't feel so well.  Once again, I had a VERY full day but was so thankful the timing of everything worked out.  
Friday was Valentine's Day! I got the kids ready by myself while Dan rested.  Thankfully, when we got up, he felt much better.  He met with Harrison Bartschi and had lunch with Steven Day, then he was able to be home while I volunteered in McKenna and Ben's classes.  In McKenna's class we made chocolate kiss roses.  In Ben's class we did Valentine's Day Mad Libs.  We packed some more that afternoon and McKenna had a fun girl party at Lyla's house.  Jonathan babysat while Dan and I went to dinner at Firehouse and then to see "Knives Out" which was one of the best movies we've seen in a long time!  When we got home Dan played some video games with Jonathan and I did a grocery order.   

Feb. Part 1 Videos:
Sledding in yard, McKenna Spelling Bee, Ben duet with Marilee, Anna Fiesta/Macarena, Alice funny faces and “Mom watch!”, Alice “Rocks!” in Moab, Hiking in Moab, Alice playing with Grandma Kelly



No comments: