Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I am thankful...

For this sweet girl! She's been so fun to hang out with all day! I love her!
And for this sweet guy! I WISH I could spend all day with him too (but someone has to get a paycheck)! He's such an awesome Dad. I love him!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for?

In other news, I went with the Webster girls to see Twilight last week. Loved it! Totally awesome! What more can I say? McKenna did quite well too for her first movie experience.
Also, I went to visit school the other day to show McKenna off to my coworkers and to my first grade students. They were so fascinated by her! They were so cute with their comments and observations. My favorite comment was from a boy who has a 10 month old sister that's totally bald. He said, "McKenna has more hair than my sister!"

Since I've been gone on maternity leave, my long-term substitute had each of my students make a quilt square and had one of the moms piece it together. Another mom brought in a quilting rack and the kids helped tie it. It was such a thoughtful thing to do! I will cherish this quilt more than McKenna will for sure. But she was nice enough to pose with it. :)

4 comments:

Kris and Teresa said...

hey I just found your blog, linked over from Melissa's. What a cute little girl you have.

Sibber said...

That quilt is awesome! What a great class you have!

K Thompson said...

We are so very thankful for all three of you! From the look of the quilt, your class must be thankful for you, too! What a thoughtful thing to do. You must inspire great things. We love you!!!

Alyson said...

The quilt is totally so cute! Ahaha the truth comes out you skipped out on Twilight with the Thompsons so you could go with the Websters! (I loved it too.)