Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pumpkin Walk

So, let me start off my saying how much I love my job. For those of you who don't know, I am a foster/adoptive family recruiter for the Utah Foster Care Foundation. In addition to meeting with families and getting them started with the process, my job has me finding ways to get the message out about the need for more foster/adoptive families.

I was looking for events that we could be a part of, and I discovered the North Logan Pumpkin Walk. Individuals, families, and groups assemble scenes using pumpkins, squash, etc according to this year's theme "Calling All Heroes". Since out foster parents are heroes, I thought this would be a great opportunity.

And so, after many hours of assembling the bodies...
...convincing others to paint the pumpkin faces...

...we assembled our scene titled "Our foster parents are 'Incredible'!"

The extra couple of kids are supposed to be foster children. It turns out that they had around 40,000 people come to this event, which is a great event! We're already planning on coming back next year.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

DANIEL! Since Mindy lives in Logan, Mindy goes to that!! I loved yours!! I got warm fuzzies! My family loved it too!!! GOOD JOB!!!!

Sibber said...

Way to go Danny boy! That is so awesome! Love you!

Irions said...

Wow Daniel!
That was impressive.
It sounds like a wonderful venue for great exposure.
Good job!
Love,
Gloria

Megan said...

Nice job Dan! It turned out so cute!

Butler Family said...

Nice Jobb. Looks like it turned out very cnicely

Tiff Rudd said...

Way to go Dan! That turned out great! Glad you are loving you job. Oh, and your little girl is the cutest! Congrats on all! :)

Becca said...

That event is a huge event, with people coming from all over to see it, congratulations.
Tyler