Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pow-wow

Part of Dan's job of recruiting potential foster parents is to set up booths at community events to "advertise." The latest event was a Pow-wow at Utah State University. Because this event was up in Logan, and McKenna and I didn't want to be home all day without our dad, we went with him! (AND so he wouldn't miss us so much.) :)
Here's the lovely booth. Here's the handsome man (work shirt and all) with our girl.
Unfortunately, McKenna's been a little sick this week. This is right after she sneezed. I know it's gross, but I was trying to catch a picture of a snot bubble. Those can be kind of cute. I know... still gross! One of the good things about her being sick is she's super cuddly. (She's reading the sticker on my chest that says "vendor.")
Also, because she was sick, she managed to take a peaceful nap in spite of all the LOUD drumming and chanting going on. Here she is under the car seat cover I made for her. Cool lighting, eh?She's still so adorable- cough and all!

Here are some shots of the dancers in their Native American garb.
This little girl's fabric is Dora the Explorer.


In other news, lately McKenna's tummy time has looked like this. Instead of keeping her arms out in front to prop herself up and then eventutally roll over, when placed on her tummy she immediately put sher arms to her sides and lays flat on her face. She seems content for a while. :) Silly girl!

6 comments:

Butler Family said...

She is so cute and looks so big. I hope she feels better soon

K Thompson said...

Poor baby. You can tell she's sick - even in her tummy time. She's trying to be pleasant, but she's just not feeling good. Bless her heart! Thank Heavens for amoxicillin. Hope she feels better really quick. I always thought POW-WOWs were for scouting. How interesting. Dan gets involved in the most interesting projects, eh? Fun sharing.... Thanks!

Mindy said...

We're fighting. I recognized where you were by looking at the floor of your first photo. I have ran more miles on that track than I care to count. This is the SECOND time you two have been in Logan and I hear NOTHING from you. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME. It's not like I am going to give you another fish, if that's what you're worried about. ;)

Alyson said...

I know how she feels! *snifflecough* But no one snuggles me and gives me tummy time and lets me read their security tag; oh no, instead I have to get up and make dinner. < /whine >

Even sick, she's the most precious McBaby ever. And I love that someone made Dora the Explorer powwow duds for that adorable little dancer!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

She is a pretty cute coo-er. And yes, she does look pretty miserable in the sick picture. Poor girl, I hope she gets better soon! And very cool lighting under the cover!

BreAnne said...

She is so cute! Thanks for the comment. It looks like you had a fun time cough and all!