Monday, April 27, 2009

6 months old!

It's so bitter sweet to see McKenna grow. It's a good thing she's strong and healthy, but so sad that it happens WAY too fast! McKenna turned 6 months on the 19th. Here are her stats:
Height- 25.7 in, 75 percentile (.7 in increase)
Weight- 14.2 lb, 25th percentile (1 lb increase)
Head Circ.-16.9 in, 60th percentile (.5 in increase)


I'm realizing I love each stage of her life for different reasons. Over the past month I've really noticed more of her personality coming out.

  • She will smile and charm perfect strangers.

Sorry for the poor quality. But that smile is just so cute!

  • Still loves to play with her toes.
  • She can pass objects from hand to hand.
  • She can babble "ma, ma, ma" and "ba, ba, ba." I might have even heard her say "o-ba-ma" at one point. I never thought my daughter would be a democrat. ;)
  • She still can't roll from back to front, but she can SIT UP! The doctor says sitting up trumps rolling over since it takes a lot more coordination to sit up. So he's not worried.

  • Solid foods are going well. So far she loves carrots but doesn't care too much for sweet potatoes and green beans. We'll keep trying other foods one at a time of course. It's a fun little experiment to see how many bites it will take for her to come around and enjoy it, or press her lips together in protest. She also tried and liked both cheerios and animal crackers.
  • One of my favorite things about McKenna at this stage is that when I pick her up from the babysitter after work, she CLINGS to me and is SO excited to see me!
  • She is very aware of her mommy and daddy's voices. I love to see her drop everything she's doing when she hears her dad's voice as he comes home from work. She'll look around and around until she finds him.

Other exciting news for McKenna this past week is that we got a SWING! An older couple in our ward was nice enough to give us theirs since they didn't need it anymore.
And just because, here's a FUNNY video of McKenna "dancing." Apparently she really likes rap music :) We still have no idea why Dan has Eminem on his Ipod...

7 comments:

Alyson said...

14 pound is pretty light for a six month old; and this is the only time in her life when rolls of fat will be cute, right? She's adorable, as I saw in person on Saturday! And oh yes, I also saw that she knows her mommy.

Butler Family said...

Aww what a beautiful girl and they do grow up so fast!!

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Love how in the sitting up video she leaves her hand behind. And it is amazing how much your video of McKenna and a typical music video of Eminems are simalar (camera effects, etc). Also, I feel the need to remind you that my one month old son weighs only 2 lbs less than your six month old daugher. That is all :)

Kirsten said...

Oh boy! Or should I say girl?!? :) She's so cute you guys. Tall and skinny (according to the percentiles). :)

Sibber said...

She is so sweet! I LUFF her to pieces!!!

joel and laura michelle said...

what a beauty!!! she is growing sooo fast! hope you guys are happy happy :)

Swa said...

I need to munch her!!! AAAAHH!