Monday, July 6, 2009

Sewing Projects #3 and 4

#3) A soft block with princess pictures on it.
(Don't mind what looks like a forced smile on McKenna's face. She really does like it. :) You'll notice she's touching it with her pointer finger. She touches everything she likes with her pointer fingers!)
Snow White and Cinderella (and a not so good corner).
Belle and Aurora (and a much better corner) :)
The top and bottom of the block say Princess in fancy writing. :) I realized, after the fact, that my first block should have been made with fabric that didn't need to be exactly centered in order to look good. Oh well.
#4.) More cloth baby shoes! MUCH easier and faster to make the second time around.
Finally! Here's the pattern for the cloth baby shoes!

7 comments:

K Thompson said...

I think your Princess Block looks LOVERLY! Corners are HARD no matter WHO does them. That's why I never did get into quilts much. I didn't know how to join all those tricky little pieces. McKenna is SOOOOOO cute with her little finger pointing to her mama's work. Sooooo Proud! I just didn't realize the block was going to be so big. I'm kinda glad it is though so that she can play with it better. Cute baby shoes, too. Do they still fit her? I think you'll find that the second time you do something is always easier except we seldom do things more than once. So, we complain about how hard it was to do it, when really, if we had done it twice, we'd realize how easy it was if we'd done it for the second time, right? Oh, well. We learn.... Nice to see an update. Yippee for no more school!!! Love Ya! Mom

ME Moon said...

good job on the sewing. good for being an intrepid adventure there...that's what i've done and now i can truly say i am a seamstress (just not anywhere near professional!!!)
thanks for the cloth shoes pattern. some day i'll make some for a cute baby!!! :)

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

Such cute shoes! Love the pointer finger... And now you get to stay home all the time! Yay!

Mickellerox said...

It IS really nice of her to humor you though and grin and bear the ever-happening photo opp. ;)

John and Jessica said...

What a doll! Love her little smile and how her finger is pointing, she is getting so big!

Good job! Those shoes are adorable and that block is a great idea! I love to see pictures of people's projects... I don't really sew myself but I would like to learn.

Heather said...

Hey there! Todd and I were both happy to see you guys connecting to our blog! It is so fun to see how your cute family is growing! Your little girl is so cute-- she has those twinkle eyes! And great job on the sewing-- someday I hope to learn how to relearn how to sew on a button-- literally that is how incompetent i am at the sewing thing. So your work is true brilliance to me!

Kellie said...

i'm very impressed by your domestic skills :)