Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cache County- Part 1

Dan had some work to do in and around Logan on Friday, the 23rd. And since McKenna and I wanted to see the Pumpkin Walk (post about that later), we decided to tag along. In between his appointments, we went here! Who knew Logan had a ZOO??
There were lots of birds. This peacock was just roaming around.
Lots of ducks!
McKenna wasn't quite as scared of these animals.And this duck has hair just like Val Kilmer in Top Gun (according to Dan).
We also saw this strange species in the swan cage, just stirring her pot. :)
A Wallaby
A Pronghorn
And Bobcats!
Love this face!
Also, while Dan was at his appointment in Newton, UT (30 min NW of Logan), 'Kenna and I drove a little farther to Clarkston, UT to see Martin Harris's grave. A neat piece of church history.


One our way home, we stopped by the Gossner cheese factory.
We got over 5 lbs of cheese for just over $14. We froze half and are almost done eating the other. YUM!

10 comments:

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

So jealous that your leaves are prettily changing colors. Love the close up pictures of Kenna. And, that is ALOT of cheese!

Sibber said...

LOVE these pictures! PLUS ... I really love your header picture! Such a darling family! Love you!

emily mcd said...

Did you try the squeaky cheese from Gossner's factory? I hear it's delish! That brick o' cheese looks quite tasty as well! Fun outing for sure!

ME Moon said...

i LOVE logan (proud usu grad). you should go to the martin harris pageant in august (same location as the cemetery) and next time you're up there, if it's during working hours, drive north to richmond and go to the pepperidge farm factory. you can buy lots of stuff cheap, especially the HUGE bag of "seconds". just hope that the day you go, they're discarding the stuff you really love. ;)

Alyson said...

Wow, I had no idea there was a second zoo in Utah.

sara said...

I'm so jealous! Jes and I lived in Logan when we were first married. I took Isaac to the Willow Park zoo many times! And Jes always wanted to go look at the huge elk they have there. We miss Logan a lot! I hope you stopped to get some Aggie ice cream as well as cheese!

Anonymous said...

Who would have known there were so many fun things to see and do in Cache County? My things to see and do list has just gotten longer ;)

katie b. p. said...

sweet pics! I love cache county!

stephanie624 said...

My piano teacher was from the Gossner family and one year she took me up to piano camp at Utah State and for an entire week we ate all Gossner products including strawberry and peanutbutter flavored milks(I was not a fan). The squeaky cheese is delicious! Sorry, that was random, seeing your blog brought up that memory.

Mickellerox said...

I heart (1)You guys and McKenna, (2) Squeaky cheese, (3) zoos!