Monday, November 8, 2010

First Hair Cut!

Yes, this is McKenna's FIRST hair cut since birth. I have some skill cutting boys hair with clippers, but I didn't want to attempt using scissors for the first time on my pretty little girl's hair. I also knew she would not be as inclined to sit still and stay calm for her me as much as she would a stranger doing the dirty work. So, I took her to a kid's hair cutting place called Cookie Cuttters. They have adorable chairs (cars or airplanes), TVs at each station, treats, and other entertainment (a slide) in case there's a wait. She loved the "Princess Car," loved watching "Dora," and didn't seem to mind the leopard cape either. She did want her hands out so she could grab the steering wheel. And no treat necessary; she was plenty distracted by everything.

This is the best "before" picture I got

She had this look on her face pretty much the whole time.
They even "styled" it with the blow dryer, which she also, surprisingly, did NOT freak out about.

The stylist did a cute little flipped pony tail too.
The "after!"
Aaahhh! It's even!
Yes, I saved some, and yes, Dan thinks I'm weird... :)
Such a big girl!

16 comments:

ME Moon said...

tell dan HE'S weird. of COURSE you save the hair! and she looks adorable :)

Becca said...

I agree, you keep the hair! :) She looks so pretty, and now older for some reason. Glad she liked it, I loved those places to take Spencer to, they really are great! Beautiful Kenna!

Kellie said...

so cute. that's where we took luke for his first hair cut. and you defintitely have to save the hair for the baby book!

katie b. p. said...

Hahaha! I don't think you are weird at all!! I totally would do the same thing! SHE looks so big!! I can't believe it! P.S. when are you due again? And what are you having?!

xoxoxoxo

Alyson said...

Whoever came up with an idea to make a salon just for wee ones is totes brill. I'm glad it was trauma-free! She looks adorable, as always. :)

Crystal said...

I love her haircut! I'm glad it was a good experience! She's a cutie!

heather and ronnie said...

What a cutie!

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

SUCH a big girl! Way to go Kenna! Such a sweetie-poo. :)

Emma said...

So cute! I will be keeping hair from Gavins first hair cut too! He's 18 mos and hasn't gone yet bc my wonderful MIL took it upon herself to trim it (without asking) and now its all uneven and we are waiting for it to grow out some more.... sigh... McKenna is a cutie, and I love her new hair do! :)

John and Jessica said...

This post made me smile. It took me back to Gaby's first haircut right before her second birthday, at Cookie Cutters. Same cape, same little car... only she bawled the entire time!! Good job for doing so well McKenna! :) Her hair is darling.

Kirsten said...

You have to keep some hair-- silly dan! I think we might have to make our way to cookie cutters when we're in town. Mckenna's hair turned out so cute-- she looks so old :(

Mr and Mrs Smith and Co said...

I think I have all of some of the kids first hair. I love the Cookie Cutters place. Sounds like they thought of everything! :) She is a cute girl, La. :)

Anonymous said...

As a mom, I think you are entitled to save almost anything of your children's. Also, way to go Mckenna for being such a trooper. What a fun place to get your hair cut!

Sislers said...

Ohhh, so cute!! Renton was 6 months old when we cut his and it was LONG overdue but I couldn't bring myself to cut it so early, and yes, I saved Renton's hair too!

Heather said...

I love the pics, she is so darn cute! So, I need your address to send you a birth announcement and have no way of getting it from you! Maybe you could sneak over to my blog and send it through our "Contact Us" tab, that way no one but me sees it. Thanks!

Laura said...

Cute! I wish we had a place like that around here.